mrsfitmom_The last few weeks leading up to Alexa's birth, I was scared. I was terrified of this surgery. I was afraid of this scar and the long term effects it would have on body and my mind. I was worried I would feel inadequate, like I didn't give birth to her. So many different fears lingered, but SO many other mamas told me, it would all be okay. And it is. I don't feel as if I was robbed of a birth or like less of a bad ass. This scar proves that I am indeed a #badassmama! This surgery was not an easy decision for me. It pushed me to educate myself, to open my mind, to let go of my perfect expectations. I had everything I wanted during my birth. We had skin to skin in the OR, we saw our daughter being birthed(actually have the video of it), my husband cut the umbilical cord, they delayed cord clamping and most importantly, our baby was safe and beautiful and my doctor respected every decision we made. I couldn't be more proud of this scar. I couldn't be more proud of myself. And all those silly fears disappeared as soon as I realized, I was having the baby I prayed for and the birth experience I hoped for. 🌿✌🏼️#csection #csectionmom #csectionrecovery #mamaoftwo #peacewithbirth #birthofmama #stopcensoringmotherhood #4thtrimesterbodiesproject #postpartum
- lydia.rosebudThis is so beautiful and encouraging, thank you for sharing it❤️ Gives me hope that if I have to have a cesarean one day it can be empowering too.
- lularoemerissawellmannYou're a badass!
- kim_rabilalHow many days after ur C-section did u take this pic ! Just curious cause I'm going in for a scheduled c- section in a few days .
- mrsfitmom_1 day after, which is why it's not swollen and there is no bruising @kim_rabilal
- kim_rabilalWow ! Thank you ! You are helping me put a vision of reality together in a few days to come for me .
- deathby.lexAwww mines names Alexa ☺️ such a cute name 😂😊 congrats !
- cheetahgirl_88I know how a c section feels, during labor I got really ill and they had to do an emergency c section, I was doze out from all the medicine they had me, I did not got the chance to have skin to skin with my daughter but in the end she came out good and healthy. Takes time to heal, but through time you'll feel better :)
- _eatsleepteachI had to have an emergency c-section two weeks ago after 40 hours of non-progressive labour, and for the first week afterwards I felt like I'd skipped a "proper" birth, despite the long recovery I faced and still face over the coming weeks. My husband reminded me that what I'd gone through over those 2 and a half days was immense and having a c-section didn't make my birth story any less worthy or important, and I now look at my healing scar and feel so proud! I hope other c-section mamas read this and feel equally inspired!
- pregnant._.worldRepost ?
- labellefabuleuseI was the same. So scared of a csection and I ended up with an emergency one. Thankful for my healthy son but disappointed in the birth. For my 2nd son born this July i was able to have a natural VBAC and it was amazing! So please know that you can still have a vaginal birth in the future. Once a csection not always a csection!
- emsxietyYou are absolutely beautiful and thank you so much for sharing this!!
- morganreneemommyI could possibly have one on the 20th. My little one is breeched if fliiping her on the 12th doesn't work this is my only option. I'm really scared honestly this is my first child. Seeing your scar made me somewhay realize it's not that bad like everyone has said,but I'm still somewhat worried I will be in extreme pain. My friend had one and she acted as if she was dying.
- mrsfitmom_It's a hard recovery but it's not horrendous pain all the time. It comes in waves. Keep up with the medicine they give you and really take Advantage of any and all help. It's tough, but I'm sure you are too 😘 best of luck, I hope your baby flips for you @crystal_la3
- mrsfitmom_@emsxiety thank you so much 😘
- mrsfitmom_@labellefabuleuse that gives me so much hope for future babies! I don't know if I could do this again 😬
- labellefabuleuse@mrsfitmom_ i get nauseous when I remember mine it was really bad 😖 my vbac was all natural i'll take that pain over a csection recovery any day
- im.oracleJust thank you for sharing this!
- soniamaciastFelicidades, yo tengo dos y no me siento menos mamá que las demás, somos una guerreras 👦👧
Log in to like or comment.