bowerpowerblogGuys. I know today is supposed to be about scoring amazing deals and shopping till you drop but my heart is so heavy for @savannat8 and her sweet family. If you don't know her story, don't go there now without a box of tissues. I have followed her little guys story from the day he was diagnosed and this week, I have cried so many times for her and I don't even know them. I just simply can't imagine. It has brought new perspective for me in quiet moments and I pray for them throughout the day. I hope you join me and the hoards of mamas praying for this sweet family. Let's pray for a miracle. Thanks y'all. And now off to distract myself so I don't keep crying 😔😔😔 #mamasunite #prayers
- gina2paThank you for sharing that information. I will pray for a miracle and yes tears did come just reading it.
- ddgalvinPrayers going out
- lifesnextbigstep😔 heartbreaking. Childhood cancer has taken too many precious little lives. Praying for them.
- samanthaestchic...Did you just say you're going to distract yourself with discounted shopping? 😕 #MaybeEraseAndStartAgain
- trishierunnerSo glad you were able to distract yourself with shopping #blessed
- holaitsericaWhy would you even write about shopping? Some things are better left unsaid.
- rachel.westerYou're talking about a person's child dying and discounted shopping in the same post? with #prayers? Take a moment to think about that and reflect.
- theinspiredfashionista@bowerpowerblog Wait...you are wanting people to pray for a poor child, but YOU get to go off shopping? Ok...that's messed up.
- taratodayHow lucky you can distract yourself with shopping. I'm sure Savanna would rather you just keep to your twerpy distractions than post about her son in such a tacky way.
- amandacb27I think you meant well in this post but your last comment is seriously insensitive and possibly offensive to the family in question. I don't think it's advisable to discuss such serious and tragic circumstances in this way.
- bowerpowerblog@amandacb27 @taratoday @theinspiredfashionista @rachel.wester @holaitserica @shewritesright whoa. I honestly didn't realize that would hurt you guys or anyone else. I wrote it because it's true...some people deal with things differently. I deal with hard situations that I have no control over with Internet window shopping so that it stops the tears not so that I can hurt someone. Some people eat. Some people drink. Some people clean. It's a coping mechanism - nothing more and nothing less. I'm honestly not trying to be insensitive to such a tragic situation or sell anything or to say my way is healthy. I'm sure if I said I'm off to drown my sorrows in pie, you would understand. To me it's the same. Hope you can understand that 😘
- holaitsericaLike I said, some things are better left unsaid. I'm a therapist, so trust me, I'm well aware that there are different ways people cope with things. However, you don't have to share it with the world, especially since this isn't about you, right? I'm sure you had good intentions with your post, but I think that if you're going to talk about something like this, you need to be very careful with what you choose to say.
- lauriferontiAdvice from a mom who has lost a child...I would erase the last sentence or post. Not an appropriate way to make light of the situation.
- bowerpowerblog@lauriferonti I am so sorry for your loss. Seriously. But I wasn't trying to make light of anything...I'm hurting for her and I could just choose to not post anything but I'm dealing with a complete strangers loss in a different way. I do not mind editing my statement at all...😘😘😘
- lauriferontiThank you for your response. 😘😘 I wouldn't expect you to understand. Truly. I know you are a good mama and you know how it feels when mama bear comes out. Mine was enhanced when my daughter was in the hospital and you become fiercely protective over them and their story. Even when people were trying to help and distract me...it was MY daughter. My responsibility.. I appreciate your response. ❤️❤️❤️
- amandacb27Thank you for your response. As I say, I'm sure you you were well intentioned. Please don't misunderstand my comments - as others have advised, it was not the act of you wanting to go shopping that was offensive, goodness knows I have dealt with some horrendous situations by doing the of silliest things. My issue was that your comment about distracting yourself with shopping really trivialised and undermined the rest of what you said. Of course you are free to handle situations however you wish, that's not an issue at all, but to explicitly write this in a public way that the family of the child could read was insensitive. They do not have the good fortune of hoping to taking their minds off what they are going through by shopping for bargains. When I lost my brother there were people who unintentionally made trivial remarks and those still resonate and hurt 5 years on. They didn't mean to hurt me obviously, but words are so powerful you must always consider how you use them...
Log in to like or comment.