lovelylauralifeI'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that it would be way too easy for me to simply drop a line and say that I'm thankful for my boys, my family and my home. You see, I most definitely am thankful for all of those things (and talk about that all of the time), but I believe to unlock the real magic of expressing gratitude you've got to dig deeper. To drill down to those little details that knit together our days. So today I just want to say that I'm thankful for my family's messes: the toy cars and trucks that tuck themselves away in the nooks and crannies of our couch, the fact that I have to move no less than 7 books to find a seat on said couch, for once finding the remote in he refrigerator, for the tiny handprints that seem to be permanently etched on our bathroom mirror, for the perpetual nose smears where the boys run to look when someone's coming down our driveway on our family room window and for painfully stepping on wooden blocks that always seem to hide in plain sight. For I know that these messes mean I am in the presence of life and if I awoke to a tomorrow that was suddenly void of them I would feel great sorrow. I'm thankful for grandpa cardigans that bring out the old soul in my three year old and for babies that nap oh-so-wonderfully on couches -- so that I may still steal moments of them while completing the endless chores that motherhood, home ownership and well, LIFE bring. I'm thankful for husbands who check clocks and offer to get started on the green bean casserole (that just had to be made from scratch) and will take no less than one hour to prepare so I can rock that baby to sleep. So that I can simply help finish it off with the crumble topping and somehow get all the credit come dinner time. I am thankful for all of the little moments, messes and minute details that add up to be my life... I hope you are too -- and I would absolutely love it if you would share a few. ☺️#justanotherthankfulpost #blantonhome
#thatsdarling #posthepeople #thehappynow #humaneffect #artifactuprising #vscomom #vscodaily #socality #candidchildhood #flashesofdelight #livethelittlethings #sodomino #instabest #instagood #apartmenttherapy #habitandhome #persuepretty #childhoodunplugged #thepursuitofjoyproject #letthembelittle #makeportraits #portaitpage #wearethepeople #portraitcollective #vscocam #liveauthentic #folkgood #darlingmovement
- karavolkThanks for sharing this! I've followed you for a while but don't think I've ever commented. 😊 I love where you said, "These messes mean I am in the presence of life and if I awoke to a tomorrow that was suddenly void of them I would feel great sorrow." What an encouraging perspective as I watch my kids scatter cars all over the floor for (again!) and just makes me want to thank God again and again for this phase of life!
- stylethislifeLove this, Laura!
- lovelylauralife@karavolk Thanks for commenting! ☺️ I think we all need reminding once in awhile 😉(Like every time another basket of toys is dumped over 🙈)
- lovelylauralifeThanks @stylethislife 😘
- katiewilkersonLaura, I want to hang out! I'm totally in sync with all of the "little things " you share! Wooden block booby traps, check! Appreciating all the behind the scene husband work, check! Soaking up the beautiful mess of life, check! I'm so thankful everyday for it all! It's hard to just pin point one thing! Josh and I have this conversation about a third kid all the time (sometimes it comes up in the middle of a two kid melt down) Josh be like, "this shit is getting crazy, how do you want another one? !" And I'm like, " isn't this great?" I can't help but love it all. Even when I'm pulling my hair out because my house is a disaster, Maggie is crying, and Max really wants me to play with him.
- lovelylauralife@katiewilkerson I would LOVE to hang out. 😍
Log in to like or comment.