katyperryOn #Thanksgiving, a day with complex origins, I want to speak up in support of the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation and their protest of the Dakota Access Pipeline.
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with what is going on in North Dakota. While it may not be on your front pages, this is not a frightening series of events for “them”, it is frightening series of events for all of us. The pipeline in question, would carry crude oil through land sacred to indigenous peoples and put a crucial water supply at risk. We have seen the results of unintended oil spills before and they are crippling to the health of the surrounding people and environment.
To all those peacefully protesting to protect history, to protect that which is personally sacred and to protect our life sustaining water sources, we are here shoulder to shoulder with you across this country. We cannot afford to be complacent with our rights and we cannot afford to be complacent with the rights of our neighbor.
Testimonies from the protests alarm me and should alarm all of us:
Some 400 people who were held in detention during demonstrations have suffered what Mr. Kiai (UN Special Rapporteur) called “inhuman and degrading conditions.” He is concerned over both the scale of arrests and the conditions in which American citizens are being held.“ Marking people with numbers and detaining them in overcrowded cages, on the bare concrete floor, without being provided with medical care, amounts to inhuman and degrading treatment,” he said. Protestors have reported facing rubber bullets, teargas, mace, compression grenades, and bean-bag rounds while voicing their concerns over the environmental impact of the pipeline and throughout their attempts to protect burial grounds and other sites that are sacred to the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe. - UN.org
During this holiday and beyond, let us stand in solidarity with all those who are trying to protect it. I made a donation and I hope you can too today. See the link in my bio how you can donate. Also, it's easy to donate in 🇺🇸 by texting WATER to 82623
#IStandWithStandingRock #NoDAPL #waterislife 📸 by Bill Mckibben
- julieholderbaumThey are lucky to have a voice in you!!!
- angelof4208Wow u went there, Awesome😍
- billdingrockFree Lenard P.
- thebunnysingsHEY YOU 😁●PLZ●check out my Arts & Covers😊♡Much love♡ - the bunny🐰
- arigarcia0000Muy hermosas tus fotos kathy
- this.is.me.89Very nice pic
- ernstpascal♥ ♡ ♥ she is cool..what a aura....but the TOYCOPS HIHIHIHI Hihihihi ♡ ♡ ♡ america is lost ♥♥♥
- elen_faria111Vamos lá gente! Apesar de não ser nosso país temos que nos preocupar até porque temos que nos colocar no lugar deles! Então se mobilizem eu tenho apenas 14 anos e tenho idéia do quanto isso pode prejudicar a todos! Então ajudem uns aos outros e vocês estarão se ajudando a si próprios! Temos que cuidar do que é nosso!
- artgirl5954I feel so bad. I wish I could help them. Will you help them Katy? Or just try to help
- psionce_master_of_vylanaCrew, you on this? Go!
- maeblecolgroveYou go Katty Perry!!!! I stand with standing and for those of you that don't well your lost!!! I love you Katty your Amazing!!
- maeblecolgrove@artgirl5954 you can help by standing any where and you could still stand with standing Rock!!!I think it's Amazing that you want to help thank you for all the support you want to poot in!!!💕
- ardeschiramiriKetyp.you are not only beautiful woman,but much more Dan you have specific beautiful Heumanis personality and Spirit tanks. that you are been.
- forcespencerWhy don't the dummy's haul the crude oil by oil trucks to the refinery
Log in to like or comment.