rainforestalliance@felipemesafoto for @rainferestalliance: This is probably my favorite place in the whole World! It´s called Chocó, located in pacific coast of Colombia. Considered the most biodiverse region on Earth, even more than the Amazon. It´s a place full of constrasts: rainforest, cristal clear rivers, mountains, mangroves, enormous beaches and a fish rich ocean... just a paradise! Fresh water is very abundant here, since it gets around 7.600mm of rainfall per year. It´s population is mostly Afro-Colombians and in a much less proportion, Embera Indigenous people. Humpback whales visit these coasts every year from July to October. #IGtakeover #Rainforestalliance #followthefrog #colombia #biodiversity #conservation #choco
- cynthiaoldhamIllegal mining is detroying Choco, pls help us!! 🇨🇴
- dianahughes1401Yes I can see why it's your favourite place and from the way you describe it too...thanks for sharing
- demandclimateactionFollow us to help fight climate change!
- karey26Gorgeous place...heartbreaking that it's in such peril.
- edusmeraAnd it's the poorest region of Colombia.. what an irony right? F*k economic system
- felipemesafoto@edusmera totally agree!
Log in to like or comment.