transitionbikesPUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Don't try to fully disassemble and regrease your XT pedals a half hour before you need to pedal home.
- miketsgoinThat's When you take it to the masters at abs_santacruz!
- bikesbeerbeardI've never taken any fully apart, though I know one person that has successfully. I always pull the spindle and bearing assembly out, clean everything, then deposit a large glob of grease inside the pedal (using grease gun) then you put it back together. If the pedal has too much play, take it apart and adjust the bearing.
- julian_r_lyonsI've got a video of a cool trick just for this reason on my feed...
- cyclecentricHave you lost your tiny marbles? 😅
- ryanlandissI was messing with my fork and one of the bearings flew out and it took me forever to find it and put it back in😂
- jatchJust run it raw.
- demoray2I just run your pedals on my "Bank" & no problems yet! 👍🏻
- kirkpostYep, I did this a while back and regretted it instantly.
- thomgehrigGet time pedals
- abunaiobscura#DontLooseAMicroBearing 😬
- sagalbotSame applies to saint
- haphazard_mtbAnd this is why they should use spindle bearings.
- rockymtnhightowerWhat's this "service" you speak of?? #Ifitaintbrokedontfixit
- lforgue8Been there last year and never will do it again
- azhunter456I did mine after a couple a Stella's, wow just wow
- slugjockeyShimano's insistence on cone-n-cup loose bearings in hubs and pedals is why I won't use them anymore. But brakes and shifting? I'm in...
Log in to like or comment.