bodieandfouWe lost our chicken tonight 😔After 4 days of taking her to the vet to try to save her, I thought she would make it but she died tonight...another life gone.
I know some of you think "bah it's just a chicken!" but we really love and care for them the way we do with #lucastheaustralianshepherd and #louthebunny and while it's not the end of the world, it still sucks and I know one little girl who will be very sad too tomorrow 😢
- smalltownthreadsOh my sister has 6 girls & a boy chook and she loves them all. So sorry lovely 😢
- bodieandfou@florriemayross yes they don't they. She was the leader of the pack and the strongest 😔
- bodieandfou@chezand1 I'm sorry you lost one too it's heartbreaking isn't it when we can't help them
- bodieandfou@brownhandbag thanks very much
- bodieandfou@smalltownthreads thank you 😘
- holly_marlinSo sorry for your loss. She looked like a beautiful bird, and was obviously very special to you xx
- liebstf@bodieandfou il est toujours difficile de perdre un animal !!! Ils illuminent nos vies avec leurs gentillesses en toute simplicité ... Souhaitons lui un bon voyage et courage à toi ...
- bodieandfou@brownhandbag do you know if I can get new little chicks and mix them with the big ones? Is there a specific time in a year to do this?
- tracyannlekHugs x
- brownhandbagYou really want them at POL to go straight in with the others, fully feathered around 5/6 months old. Then pop them in at bedtime and they should settle in a few days. There will be some pecking order sort out but that's normal :)
- brownhandbagAs for time of year, anytime is ok but you find it trickier to find breeders with stock for sale now, springtime is when there is better choice :) Have you had any of yours go broody? Buying hatching eggs is a great way to get diff breeds and so much fun but you need to be able to or find someone who can deal with the boys
- bodieandfou@brownhandbag thanks what does POL stand for ?
- brownhandbagPoint of lay xxx
- bodieandfouwell I dont know if they feel that the boss is gone bjut they certainly have laid a lot less eggs this week but the weather has been terrible too. I'm not sure if it has an impact on them @brownhandbag
- brownhandbagYep ours have gone right off lay too.It's the short days and rubbish weather. They always pick up again around middle of Feb Valentine's Day xxx
- bodieandfou@brownhandbag ok Thanks very much for everything I will nurture them in the meantime
- candyce200sorry to hear this, sending a hug
- bodieandfou@candyce200 thanks!
Log in to like or comment.