pointandshootwanderlust📍Doha, Qatar: Souq Waqif
"You keep your eyes closed to block out the hardships, the pain, the unwanted; but in that, the true beauty of the world is lost because you refuse to open your eyes."
Falconry is not just a national sport in #Qatar. It is also a big part of their national and cultural identity. Introduced by the bedouin tribes, it evolved as a hunting tool to a sport.
You can see these amazing creatures in the Falcon Souq in Souq Waqif! There is even a falcon hospital. 😁
- firstname.lastname@example.org hehe the hospital is next door 😊
- pointandshootwanderlust@candyperfumeworld hehe these are actually the non-hospitalized falcons. Their eyes are covered so they can sit still 😁
- pointandshootwanderlust@veronicamulhall thanks!
- pointandshootwanderlust@333travel hehe true! 😊
- pointandshootwanderlust@nadia_dailyself Souq Waqif holds lots of surprises!
- hannahrheaumeWow didn't know that
- wanderfulgermanHey, I’ve enjoyed browsing all of your shots. I wanted to send a little comment to support you. Good job!:clap::clap::clap:
- weblogtheworldFun one
- bookedpackedabroadLet me tell you that you are doing an awesome job! Have a wonderful Day
- doreentravelsAwesome. Settling down ? Having any culture shock ?
- pointandshootwanderlustYeah it's a bit of an adjustment hehe. Definitely more conservative here. So far I'm enjoying my stay 😊 @doreentravels
- pointandshootwanderlustThank you @hannahrheaume @wanderfulgerman @nativenomadic @weblogtheworld @bookedpackedabroad happy weekend! 😊
- thepetitewanderessIt's really an interesting part to read! I was at the desert in UAE (Abu Dhabi) yesterday and saw a falcon there too 😊
- lentilledehenj_photographyAre those trained birds? ☺️
- dbducaWow! Excellent post and viewpoint! Superb!
- cammiphamExcellent post. Love that quote
- __buckshotsWoah! 👌
Log in to like or comment.