luxeadventuretrvlrHave you ever thought about attending the Burgundy Wine Auctions? After spending the weekend in Beaune, I can tell you it's a must! Various wine houses open their doors to the public with special tasting events, like the Burgundy Wines on the Spice Route at @bouchard_aine_fils. As I wandered through their cellar, I was intoxicated with the scents of wine and spices. I tried seven different wines, each paired with an amuse bouche by a local chef that incorporated various spices to compliment the wine. This bite was an Irish filet of salmon smoked over beech wood with Corsaire curry. It was paired with a 2013 Chassagne Montrachet Premier Cru Les Macherelles with the curry powder bringing out the wine's aromas.
- sidesmiletravelsGreat shot 📷
- rossanawyattSounds like it would be fun!
- fittwotravelSounds like a great pairing!
- everywhichawayGood post
- luxeadventuretrvlr@thetravellingchilli @shutterback thanks!
- luxeadventuretrvlr@civitatestres I'll have a guide to enjoying the Burgundy wine auction weekend up on the blog soon!
- luxeadventuretrvlr@myfamilytable @heleneinbetween @christinascucina @thelemonbowl it was such a fun event!
- luxeadventuretrvlr@fangirlquest 😂
- luxeadventuretrvlr@myonebigplanet @2aussietravellers @aga_amatteroftaste @dreamtravelmag @mafambani @frugalmama @foodtravelist @southernkissed @spoonfulflavor the food pairings were delicious and the spices really brought out the aromas and palette of the wine.
- luxeadventuretrvlr@noascha probably not the event or place in France for you, then.
- luxeadventuretrvlr@livetravelteach definitely if you are an importer or collector!
- luxeadventuretrvlr@buddythetravelingmonkey it's the most famous wine auction in the world.
- luxeadventuretrvlr@the_globetrotting_teacher the right food pairings can make a huge difference.
- luxeadventuretrvlr@beerandcroissants did you attend the auction last year?
- luxeadventuretrvlr@travelpast50 😂
- luxeadventuretrvlr@sidesmiletravels @everywhichaway thanks!
- luxeadventuretrvlr@rossanawyatt @fittwotravel definitely!
- viatolilaAmazing post
- iva.happy.lifeThe point is to bid! ( not only to drink,) to support the hospices of Burgundy region😍😍😍
- email@example.com the auction is not for the public. But the public can enjoy the tasting events and purchase bottles from the houses.
Log in to like or comment.