amandamariefittWomen spend a lot of time fixated on their appearance. We can be incredibly hard on ourselves. The quest for weight loss can completely overshadow overall health. •
Many of my clients come to me with unrealistic body image desires (because of photos they have seen on social media) or unrealistic expectations of how long it takes to 1. build muscle and/or 2. lose body fat. I completely understand wanting to look good but I'm also interested in what's going on inside. How is your relationship with food? Is your current nutritional philosophy healthy and balanced? Is the way you are eating sustainable? Do you feel strong? Are you energized? Is your thyroid healthy? How much stress are you dealing with in daily life? Is your metabolic function optimal? My clients will tell you that I spend more time working with them on their mentality than anything else. (Yes, some of them get frustrated with me.) I will never blindly provide low calorie meal plans and tons of cardio just to help someone shed unwanted pounds. I'm in the business of creating and promoting health, not destroying it. Sometimes that means focusing on the insides first. •
My clients are my friends. My family. Their health is very important and personal for me. Health isn't 1,200 calories. It isn't 6 days of cardio. Health isn't cutting out food groups or labeling food as good or bad. Health isn't dropping 20 lbs in 30 days. Health is mind, body, and soul. What I've found is that once my clients step back from focusing on the external, and start focusing on the internal, their absolute best body flows naturally. When the focus is proper nutrition, balance, moderation (enjoying treats and nutrient dense foods), healthy body image, and an interest in increases in strength instead of decreases on the scale... that 'fit bod' reveals itself naturally. •
Make sure you are taking care of 'the whole picture.' Inside and out. The results might be slower and the process might be less glamorous than an '8 WEEK FAT SHED CHALLENGE' but, long term, the results are so much better overall! 🙏🏼 #health #realtalk
- amandamariefitt@woodwvlife 😘
- fabuulyssfitnessYou're such a wonderful all around person Amanda 💜
- amandamariefitt@fabuulyssfitness You just reminded me that I need to email you! (We're so bad at this timely communication thing.) 🙊
- tree810What you say makes so much sense to me.
- fabuulyssfitnessHahaha yes we are! No worries, it's both of us 🙈 We will figure out a plan I'm sure. Cause I know I don't want anyone else as my coach 🙃
- _jessica1028Absolutely needed to read this. 💗
- chrissyr99I wish more women held that philosophy. Thanks for sharing 💞
- viclgrantLove love love this
- k.armstrong213And this is why I chose you as my coach 💓
- email@example.com 😙
- amandamariefitt@chrissyr99 Me too! All we can do is keep promoting health. 🤘🏽
- ironmoeHere's to your 3 year challenge instead of 30 days 🎉😂 #lovehateit
- lowruh_rose88I 👏 love 👏 this 👏 so 👏much 👏
- fitchickfree_wbffproAmen girl!!! Love this so much!
- little.miss.fit🙌🙌🙌 well said!
- vitastik;") we like
Log in to like or comment.