girlpolishJoe's only brother Ross died on Tuesday, which already feels like months ago, grief-days being like dog years as they are. Ross and Joe shared a mutual admiration and respect for each other that was something to behold, and was always very inspirational to me. We both had a chance to say goodbye to Ross, Joe in person and me via letter. Funny how no matter how certain you are that a person dwells in heaven, their light on earth feels snuffed and gone. The mind struggles to capture the absence. Heaven and earth--separate worlds, for now at least.
Christmas is not so bad a time to lose a very loved one because already you're examining everything you hold close, turning it over in your hands--feeling grateful, thinking maybe you've been given more than you realized before.
But if, at the very heart of it, you find yourself still wishing for a perfect earth--with no more dying, no more tears--that's because it's coming, and we were meant for it.
- rosiecusackBeautiful xo ❤️
- jennyebesserMy heart hurts for you all. Such a loss. But as always your beautiful words lend such perspective. I'll be thinking of you. ❤️️
- anahidelizabethI am so sorry for your loss. And so grateful for that dear, precious hope that all will be made right. We've lost a few very close to us recently and my heart goes out to yours in those grief dog years.
- ljandariSo sorry for your family's loss. x
- smlearyI am so sorry Rachael
- mollyrigolosoYes, indeed it is. And also, I'm so sorry.
- abbiebabbleOh Rachael, I'm so sorry. Sending lots of love to your whole family right now.
- jjdarlingBeautiful words. We're praying for your family.
- ejforkVery beautiful words indeed.
- anna_winchell❤️ these words are so beautiful as are all the kind and caring comments here. I have read your post more than once and find comfort in it for many different reasons. Sending love to you and Joe and his family. XO
- nancysue41I just cried. Having seen Ross' photos and comments on your Instagram, I'm pretty sure he was one of the kindest people on earth.
- sirijoannaI am so sorry for Joe's and his family's and your loss. How sad. Thank you for your beautiful words though. My father died two months ago and you have captured my feelings more eloquently than I ever could.
- lizmbtI'm so sorry for the immense loss! It is so bittersweet to lose someone around Christmas.
- marciamayI remember seeing the connection that Joe and Ross had when I saw them together on campus. So so sorry for your loss.
- itsahuntlifebeautiful words. as always. thinking of you guys continually.
- annapolisandcoThat last line...it's coming. So sorry for your loss, Rachael.
- thankfulandthoughtfulI really enjoyed my friendship with Ross while at TU and am sad for your loss. For the world's loss in fact. ❤️
- pamelakphotographybeautifully said...the bible reads @ Revelation 21: 3,4...and He will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more!, neither will mourning, nor outcry, nor pain be anymore, the former things have passed away! i too cannot wait for this promise to take place...very soon we will see a resurrection of all our dead loved ones! i lost a husband, and most recently my father...i always say "they are on the sleeping train" until this promise is fulfilled...please know we are thinking of you @ the "rice home" today...
- girlpolish@pamelakphotography wonderfully said. Thank you. I'm so sorry for your loss.
Log in to like or comment.