darth_badori'm gonna be honest, the industry needs to change. man oh man i'm tired of it.
on the left is july 2015, my lowest weight. i can't tell you how much i weighed but i can tell you i was size 4/6 and my waist only measured 23 inches. i can also tell you i thought i was fat.
i've always had a few body image issues but since becoming a model, they've skyrocketed. at work, i've always felt like i didn't belong, i've always been short, and mixed race. i'd been modelling for just over a year, and going to castings made me feel super insecure. every time i didn't get a call back from my casting i'd start to wonder why. was i too fat?
during 2015, i became obsessive with my measurements and clothes sizes. i exercised daily and i would never even look at any carbs let alone eat them. it started making me physically sick, dizzy, exhausted, etc. i ended up getting to a point where i'd have daily panic attacks about getting dressed, and couldn't even leave my bed in fear of catching my reflection in the mirror.
at this time, i also started getting the most work i've ever had and travelling all over world. which, instilled in me "the thinner i am, the more work i'm gonna get". my hatred for myself became so overwhelming i knew something had to change, i took some time out and finally got working on loving myself.
and today, for the first time in a long time, i felt good about myself this morning.
i struggle with getting dressed sometimes, catching my reflection can occasionally hurt still and i have panic attacks now and again but i am getting there. sometimes i forget that self love is a journey.
we have to call on this system to change. we need diversity. all bodies, differently abled, shaped, coloured, sized, gendered and aged.
diversity is so important.
representation is so important.
i'm sick and tired of seeing amazing, talented, beautiful women hate themselves because they don't look like that VS model or whatever. too many young women suffer from mental health issues which stem from the pressure of today's media. ✨you are more than your appearance, you are strong and resilient and you are beautiful no matter what and i really hope you remember that✨
- lowlife.arianaYou're perfect😭😭😍
- bevangrant_you are so beautiful @raddymevitt
- ecy_hhyou're an inside-outside-beauty 😘💕
- lau_lau_22@ybellatraxx this girl is just 🙌🏻 ❤️
- gabsonfuckYou know what... you're prettier than 2 ya... really!
- ybellatraxxYes slayyy!! 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼 @lau_lau_22
- taanyabhandarkar@pari_gowda007 Read this ❤ what I was trying to say will make more sense 🙈
- toxicartist_You're my favorite model now
- indiaoliviajoseph@taliajosephx read this caption x
- drawnpicsartYou're so beautiful😍😍❤
- chiaraaagmsThanks for this post, really ❤🌹
- _taylah.watson_@burritojack187 beauty
- upyourbum123You look awesome now! Where is the tie dye bikini from @darth_bador x
- allainsoleneMy god ! I love you ! ⚡️🌹
- valentine_mndz@emmamhrt, lis
- irene_lv_@__pauloba merece la pena
- arkndzhwow thank you so much💚💚💚💚💚
Log in to like or comment.