aubreykinchwe've been nursing and bottle feeding for the last 5 weeks and it's been something I always feel guilt about. it seems people are so hard on mamas who don't BF and it embarrasses me to even mention us using formula. I've been taking supplements, eating all the foods, using oils, drinking tons of water, pumping after nursing and during the night and talked with a lactation consultant when Hollyn was a week old. alas... this is our cocktail. be kind to yourself if this is similar to you. give yourself grace. a fed baby is a happy baby! ✨
- b_a_h_13Being a mom is honestly the hardest thing. We beat ourselves up for everything and then turn around and want to judge someone else for what they are doing. Some of us breastfeed, some use bottles. Some of us are skinny after delivery, some of us are chubby. Some of us are full of joy and some of us depressed. The bottom line is that we have to do what is best for these tiny little humans that we have been blessed with and also for ourselves. You're doing awesome!!
- goldenfinchcoSo true, fed is best! It annoys me so much the pressure to bf. It is the hardest thing ever! No judgment here, friend! You are an amazing mom! So many women will find encouragement, Grace and peace through your honesty. Xoxo 💕😘❤️
- jenna_marleaYou're a great mama ❤️
- k_lizabethAMEN 🙏🏼 do not feel any guilt!! You could have said it better - you do the best you can and at the end of the the day a fed baby is a happy one!!
- finallyfitjessI felt horrible switching. People were terrible. Saying he wouldn't be as smart, or as healthy. Colt couldn't nurse. NEVER latched. He had such a severe tongue tie that he just couldn't. He'd scream any time my boob was near his face. I had to hand express onto a spoon while I waited for my milk to come in and feed him that way. Once it came in I exclusively pumped. I got mastitis twice in a month. My supply was so sad that he lost too much weight. Once we started supplementing he was HAPPY!!! His belly was finally full. And all the trauma from the pumping had my supply dry ip to shoot 2oz for an hour worth of time on the pump. I did everything, like you. Once we switched entirely he was the happiest boy. He slept. I slept. (I was feeding him and pumping while he slept, so I NEVER slept!! It was awful. I was so scared I couldn't bond with him because everybody said you have to nurse for that bond. Absolutely false. I defriended a lot of people over their opinions of how I raised my son. They all assumed I did formula because I was lazy. #FedIsBest
- mdfordrnSame story here! It's hard on a mamas heart, You are not alone, you are a great mama and doing a fantastic job. Feed that baby and don't look back! Fed is best!
- keoharaI felt guilty with my first daughter (bad latch/lost a lot of weight) and exclusively pumped for 4ish months. It was SO HARD! We were both happier when I switched to formula. Now with baby girl #2 I struggled to BF for almost 3 weeks and inally switched to formula, better for both of us and this time I didn't let myself feel guilty! Fed is best! Do you also use the Honest fish oil with that formula? I've wondered if we should switxh to that (both girls were/are spitter uppers) and we've always used their diapers.
- rabeeyaabbasasgharI do the same and don't feel guilty. I know what's best for my baby.
- k.heidbrink3Love every piece of this!!
- houseoflittlescoOur setup looks exactly like this haha. Hang in there mama you're doing great! 💗
- lovewinniejamesThis is SO me! It's hard. We try everything too. I'm going to continue to try with this new baby again, but this time I WILL be a little nicer to myself if it doesn't work out. ❤️
- dayleaI still think of this conversation with you. And I still think back on it and wonder if there was more I could do, but then I have to stop letting myself feel guilty. You do what's best for the baby and formula was what she needed. now she's doing so great and my mama heart is happy. 💗
- aluvgI didn't BF my boys for long and don't feel any guilt. I also don't love them any less! Rock on, momma!
- pain_intheashI don't have kids yet, but I never understand the mom hate! You are absolutely doing what's best for baby and there's no shame in that! She's SO cute and alert in all her pics that you can tell she is obviously happy and healthy :) don't be hard on yourself- motherhood is a Journey with many many roads!!! Thank you for being open + honest about your journey!! :)
- miss_crittleA fed baby is a happy baby! You are doing what's best for your family and that is what's important. Mommy guilt is tough. Been there. Will probably go through it again with our third little due in July but, formula feeding works best for us (and my sanity 😳 I will be a mama of 3 under 3). You rock @aubreykinch and don't let anyone tell you otherwise pretty mama!
- ashley_yates424@aubreykinch I'm with ya girl! As long as you feed your baby, do what you have to do! I also had low supply and this happens to many mommas I have talked to. I researched and knew it all with my second, and I had more milk but still not enough. Just feed that baby and know we all are doing our best ;)
- maisielovesnoryI went through the same struggles!! If your baby is happy and healthy that's all that matters 😘
- namastehappppyDo you do the DHA drops too? Looking for a good organic formula, but honest has the DHA seperate! How's baby handling it?
- sandeep_perharIt is alright mama :). I breastfed my first for 9 months by pumping since latching didn't work out for us. Out of that my baby was on breast milk pretty much exclusively for the first 6 months. Then after the 9th month formula. I am about to give birth any day to my second. And guess what?!, intentionally going to do a mix of breastfeeding if it works out, plus Formula. And you are so right, people can be so hard on moms who use formula. But we gotta do what we gotta do. Formula isn't poison :). It's alright. You are doing great!!!
- kmoyo720Thanks for this post! I went through those same struggles and it shouldn't matter how your baby is fed, but that they are happy and healthy.
Log in to like or comment.