teaching2and3yearoldsScooping cranberries out of water. .
#kbn #blogcreate #teaching2and3yearolds #teachersfollowteachers #earlylearning #preschool #iteachtoo #ece #childhoodunplugged #instateacher
- pineapplesandpolkadotsblogQuestion- when we have water in our sensory table, it splashes onto the floor (tile) and makes it SUPER slippery, which always makes me choose other things instead. Any tips for keeping the water IN the table, and preventing a slippery floor? :)
- cnthbcaHow creative!!
- jencatania4I've had a "cranberry bog" in my sensory table the last 3 or 4 yrs...the kiddos always love it! @pineapplesandpolkadotsblog...I have put a vinyl table cloth under the water table that's big enough for the kids to stand on. I limit 2 kids at the table to keep the splashing to a minimum. You could also spread beach towels to catch the water.
- pineapplesandpolkadotsblogGreat idea with the table cloth! 👍🏼 Thanks!
- pineapplesandpolkadotsblog@tmloos555 let's try it like this ☝🏼️
- tmloos555@pineapplesandpolkadotsblog I was definitely going to suggest a towel! I have done water and magnets before and a towel is strongly suggested lol
- 100worldspreschool@pineapplesandpolkadotsblog We remind the children to keep the water in the water table. And when a child does splash water on the floor, we tell them that the floor is slippery and we are worried that someone will fall and get hurt. Then we ask them to wipe up the floor with our mop. I found that once we made the children aware of the problem and responsible for fixing it with the mop, most of the water stayed in the table :)
- pineapplesandpolkadotsblog@100worldspreschool great idea! Thanks!
- pineapplesandpolkadotsblog@tmloos555 yep. Agreed. Putting the water in a bin IN the table also helps, I think.
- stephanie.piazza@katiefrost727 we should try this
- teaching2and3yearoldsHi @pineapplesandpolkadotsblog - We now have a much larger, deeper tub so we don't have near as much of an issue as we once did. However, I don't put a lot of water in. It's pretty shallow. I keep towels on the floor to wipe up spills.
- kellykatsarosAwsome idea. I will definitely try it.
- testifyeduGreat :)
- gracekingston@skyeamyh this is cool
- skyeamyhThat is cool @gracekingston ! Could you imagine ?! Haha
- living_the_dream01Where did you get your tub and trolley from @teaching2and3yearolds
- lovesimplybeautyGreat idea! We will try this one for sure!
- funationlessonsHow fun!
- lilsproutsprek💓❤️💓 this!!!
Log in to like or comment.