anniecavaleroI'm trying so hard this morning to be grateful for all the good in my life, for my husband, my family, my friends, my dogs, my home, that I live in a country where I have the right to vote. But my heart hurts so much right now. I am devastated that so much of our country hates women. Hates my mother-in-law and her partner. Hates my friends who invited girls to wear wedding dresses to their wedding because they were both grooms. Hates my friends who are not white. Hates my friend's disabled sister. Hates the idea of a female president so much that they chose to elect a reality star with no political experience, who is about to stand trial for fraud and has bragged openly about grabbing women by the pussy, with a VP who does not believe in evolution. That a campaign fueled by fear, misinformation, misogyny, racism and homophobia was so successful. This election was not about Republicans vs. Democrats. This was, and is, about humanity. I feel sick about the parents who have to explain this to their children, and sicker about the parents celebrating this with their children. The next four years sound scary, but not as scary as the reality that so many people in this country believe in his message so deeply. Eventually, Trump won't be president anymore, but the people who felt he expressed their voice will. President-elect Trump said it's time to "come together," so let's do that. Send love and go high and show compassion, so maybe so many people won't be afraid of the people who don't look or think like them. Be louder when we say love is love. Black lives matter. We have a problem when someone can easily find the means to carry out a mass shooting. Our broken education system needs to be fixed. Women are equal, we are all equal. Today I'm trying to believe that people really are good at heart. (Also, like the basic privileged white girl that I am, I went to SoulCycle this morning and sobbed the whole time.)
- fangirl_2220This is so true Annie... I actually cried while reading this realizing the world we live in.... Hopefully it gets better, and hopefully we can have a peaceful 4 years... And then get a women president to help our country be better!!!💞
- jennatullsbristerTruth. 💔
- tonycavalero💙 YOU & this is the ONLY exception I will make to the "no posting photos of me in a man-bun" rule
- ashclinekapInsinuating that all Trump supporters hate the people that you listed 😳
- parveyLove you.
- lizzienorwoodI'll be in shock for a bit. Need to grieve. Proactive next week.
- salmannasutionI'm touched!💙💙 Let's show love and peace for America!🇺🇸
- jenlaurelYes, so much ❤️
- anniecavalero@ashclinekap I am so sorry if I offended you or anyone you love. I've adored you since we were kids and really respect you. Many of the people I love most in this world are Republicans. But this was not a traditional Republican ticket, it wasn't just a "vote with the party," because the majority of his party didn't support him. And I desperately want to understand what other reason(s) people voted for. That hate I listed above was his platform, the message that fueled his campaign. There was no experience, policy or plan beyond that hate - which is why Republicans, including former presidents, did not endorse him, but the KKK did. What other part of his campaign was so powerful that one could disagree with his core message and not share in that hate, and still vote for him? What does "make America great again" mean, what is he going to do and how, aside from take away the rights of the people I talked about? He is my president now and I share this beautiful country with the people who supported him, and I want to understand.
- charles_x7Well said Annie, it was a devastating day. Thinking of raising 2 women with the results and views we have seen has haunted my mind all day. I am at a loss of how to move forward.
- recmjcTotally agree lovely woman. This is hard.
Log in to like or comment.