melskitchencafeI decided to make cinnamon rolls from homemade buttermilk biscuit dough, hence the rustic look (seen up close and personal on my last Insta story), and I think it might be the best decision I've made all month. If you feel as though cinnamon rolls made out of biscuit dough is a travesty, I blame all my actions today on post-election weirdness. #cinnamonrolls #biscuits #cinnamonrollbiscuits
- laldeweyShut up! You tried it??!!! Yay!!! I make these every morning at the biscuit cafe I work at. They're my specialty. I take them to all the ladies I VT and any time someone needs a treat (or whatever) it's my go to!! So easy peasy and so delicious!! @kfluke5 @mjfluke @michelefluke
- mandapandagijoMy husband makes these when he wants a quick baked good, we call them cinna-biscuits.
- erinmegI love cinnamon roll biscuits!
- jodi_lud_5boysbakerYum! I have a recipe on my site for cinnamon rolls biscuits that is my fav! So simple to make!
- melskitchencafe@laldewey you were my inspiration!! They are seriously amazing.
- lisayorgasonThey are my favorite!! Especially since you don't have to wait for them to rise! 😉😋
- tamigweaverI've been making a recipe like this from Aunt Marilyn for many years. Her "cinnamon biscuit fans" are a family favorite because there are no eggs and you can just whip them up with no rising. @mwsmith1984 So yummy!😘
- jennie7305Is yours based on the ATK recipe? I made that once and wasn't too impressed. I think it's because I was raised on yeast dough cinnamon rolls and that's just the way I like them. Your Thanksgiving recipes look amazing! I'm going to try the corn recipe for sure!
- lovemymedic@melskitchencafe you have to know that you are my favorite person. Ever. lol everything I make from your website is my husband's favorite. And now you have my heart after seeing these!!! 😍
- mcheryleeI've eaten cinnamon rolls on biscuit dough my whole life and they are the best! 😛
- deboskitchenClever!!! Doing it this Saturday 😍
- diana.garnerThis is my favorite way to make/eat cinnamon rolls!!! Can't wait to try your recipe
- ashleejuanitaWe've made those when I've been too impatient for yeast!
- jessicamcdonald07I've always liked that because it makes it less sweet.
- ashluvsstavDang Gina. Yum! I love easy and delicious.
- perrysplateI love these! I have a similar recipe I've adapted over the years -- a knock off of cinnamon rolls in a can. I almost love them more than regular cinnamon rolls because they don't take forever and make 400. 😬😍
- emiliapelirojaAmericas test kitchen does a similar thing in the healthy family cookbook. They are great for a cinnamon roll fix if you don't have time to for dough to rise. They have a few good pointers too like covering them with foil for part of the baking time that helps them turn out perfectly. Your Gloria's cinnamon rolls with the maple frosting still reign supreme here though! And I LOvE freezing them individually and microwaving for a quick special breakfast!
Log in to like or comment.