luxeadventuretrvlrI first saw the Belem tall ship when she sailed in to Bordeaux this summer during the Fête le Vin. Now she's back for the winter and I hope to tour her. Built in 1896, she was originally a cargo ship that transported sugar from the West Indies and cocoa and coffee from Brazil and French Guiana to Nantes, France. She's one of the last of her kind in France.
- frugalmamaWow! That is so cool!!
- wanna_visitPretty sweet!
- thegaytravelerI hope you get that tour.
- azestybiteSuch history
- exploringwineregionsSuch a beautiful ship.
- luxeadventuretrvlr@christinascucina you can bet on it!
- luxeadventuretrvlr@neverendingworldtour haha! I haven't heard that expression in ages.
- luxeadventuretrvlr@mrluxuryski thank you for stopping by!
- luxeadventuretrvlr@momuncorked it's here for the winter. Come to Bordeaux!
- luxeadventuretrvlr@travelpenandpalate yes, definitely a reminder of times gone by.
- luxeadventuretrvlr@danahfreeman that must have been an amazing experience! We've only captained a little houseboat and that was quite the adventure.
- luxeadventuretrvlr@spoonfulflavor she is a beauty.
- luxeadventuretrvlr@frugalmama we get the best things here in Bordeaux!
- luxeadventuretrvlr@wanna_visit definitely!
- luxeadventuretrvlr@thegaytraveler me too! It's booked up for weeks out already.
- luxeadventuretrvlr@azestybite yes! I remember my parents taking me to see the tall ships when they'd come to my hometown each summer. I've never been on a French one before though!
- luxeadventuretrvlr@exploringwineregions she really is.
- travelpast50Love those boats.
- globegazersLove this
Log in to like or comment.