freshoffthegridWhile multi-day kayaking has many similarities to multi-day backpacking, we found it to be a completely unique experience. (And don't tell our backpacks, but we might have found our new favorite sport...) When we're hiking, we have to look where we're putting our feet - which means we usually spend a lot of time looking down. We're sure that we've missed plenty of beautiful vistas because we had our heads down - either from the weight of our packs or in order to navigate a particularly tricky section of the trail.
But while we were kayaking, we spent the whole time with our heads up, taking in the scenery around us as we went. While they're no mountain top vistas, the wide open space on the water offers plenty to see - especially if you're in a densely forested area.
We've done plenty of backpacking before, and it would be a stretch to call the experience serene. But gliding effortless across the water, felt exactly that. @orukayak
- deeko91@cjordanr 😍
- harpmachineWhere is this magical place?
- whitneyljamesTAKE ME
- freshoffthegrid@harpmachine the Adirondacks in upstate New York!
- thebarefootdreamYes!!! Beautiful foliage 😍
- firstname.lastname@example.org can we go here? :p
- oohhh__I wanna do this!
- polar.steph@pmhunter56 one day, please?
- amy.vutrition@evonnne let's gooo
- theyogidoula@jacobritley let's go?
- gretchendnicksonSo beautiful. Love the caption too. Heads up!
- mcknight0I need to buy two of those kayaks!
- omnomherbivoreSo true!! I've got two left feet so I have to have my head down the whole time!!
- janetinonederlandGorgeous picture!! @freshvintagegoods we need to do this!!
- addisonklinkeThat looks like such an awesome trip!
- iamloorieI love your blog!! Much love & thanks from 🇩🇪
Log in to like or comment.