learninginhandWhen you’re in Presenter View in Google Slides, you can collect questions from the audience by clicking Audience Tools and then Start New. Google calls this Audience Q&A. A bar with a web link will be displayed across the top of your presentation with the text “Ask a question.” Your audience can go to this link to enter a question. While the page asks for a question, it can also be used for brainstorming and submitting ideas. Or, how about having students use vocabulary words in a sentence and submitting them? You can continue advancing slides while the submissions are entered. From the Presenter View you can see incoming submissions. You can click a submissions Present button to display it on the screen. For this to work, you should have you computer set to dual display. This way your audience only sees the presentation on a big screen while you see the Presenter View on your screen. Do know that anyone visiting the “Ask a question” link can see each other’s submissions and vote them up or down.
- learninginhandAudience members do you need to be logged in to submit. If someone is logged into Google, his or her name will be displayed with the submission.
- learninginhandI don’t see a way to delete a submission. So, if you have an inappropriate submission, you may have to end the current Q&A session and begin a new one.
- learninginhandYou can use Audience Tools from the iOS and Android apps. Things are labeled a little differently, but it works! #teachersofinstagram #googleslides #gaetc16 #edtech #gsuited #gsuiteEdu
- thejenrobertsI've used it several times now and I want two things. 1. I want to be able to delete a submission if it is not appropriate, and also to get it out of the stream once I've answered it. That way I could also remove student answers I've seen. 2. I want to be able to reply to a question in the back channel. I use this most when presenting with a partner. Some questions are better answered quietly in the background rather than taking them up in front of the whole group.
- learninginhand@thejenroberts I really really hope Google updates Q&A with your suggestions.
Log in to like or comment.