amandamariefittTransformations can be about so much more than weight or fat loss! 💪🏽 Over the past few months I have been very strategically increasing my calories and carbs and really focusing on heavy upper body lifts. It's funny, once I started lifting and chiseling away at my body fat a few years ago, I started to realize some 'imbalances' about my body and muscle. Sports for me were always lower-body dominant so my quads and booty were almost over-developed compared to my upper body. In order to balance out my shape, I cut down on leg days and increased upper body work. My goal has been to eat & lift with some serious muscle-building intention. (This shit doesn't just happen!) I'm at about 2,600-2,800 calories daily, 320+ grams of carbs (muscles want carbs!), and about 3-4 upper body days per week. Have I also increased my body fat? Sure. Just a bit. Nothing serious. You can still see my 1/2 pack. 😉 I had to let any issues I had with the scale, my weight, and that NUMBER go. More muscle means more weight. I currently weigh more than I ever have in my entire life... and I LOVE the way I look! I'm strong and making progress exactly where I want to make progress. So, does that number on the scale actually matter? Does a 1-2% gain in body fat really matter? When I'm ready, I know exactly what to do to shed the extra fat. That's the beauty of nutritional science. 🤘🏽For now, I'm going to enjoy all my calories, all my carbs, non-existent cardio, the holidays, some pie, some serious PR's on lifts, a higher metabolic rate, and increased muscle mass. Welcome to beast mode. 😎
- amandamariefitt#transformation #progress #physique #trainhard #shelifts #powerlifter #girlswhopowerlift #flexibledieting #motivation #balancednotclean #strengthqueens #girlswholift #athlete #toned #improvementseason #beastmode #diaryofafitnesscompetitor #liftheavy #IIFYMgirls #IIFYM #strong #girlswithmuscle #wonderwomanmentality #powerbuilder
- biceps.after.babiesYes! This! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 It reminds me why I am bulking
- fabuulyssfitnessI LOVE IT
- kate_watkins85You look amazing. Is it normal to want to eat shit loads of carbs if you don't eat enough of them daily then do a good gym session!? Like crave them 1-2 days after rather than the day of lifting?
- muscledaisyWow!! I remember when you originally posted that top photo and you made the comment that you were so small! Lol well you sure worked your ass off to grow!! 👊🏼💪🏼
- amandamariefitt@kate_watkins85 yes. That would be your body requiring your glycogen stores to be replenished.
- amandamariefitt@muscledaisy Its not easy! 😂💪🏽 Been working super hard!
- fit_dreWoop!! Congrats lady!
- kseay811I love your outlook on fitness and body image. I always think my "ideal" body would include a weight GAIN and people don't quite get that! Keep it up!
- mckenzieblosmoThat's so awesome! Hard work pays off!! Thanks for the motivation & great reminder 🙌
- choco_litaI love how u explain things..i similar withe the stronger legs part...i find it sooo hard to attack bag and arms😩 ill have to do what u suggest 😆👍✌💪😊
- slvilenskyWhat macro calculator do you use?
- krystalknightxoAwesome! 🙌🏻❤️
Log in to like or comment.