knotty.bearOn this morning's pre-work, de-stress ride. A beautiful russet carpet of beech leaves to frolic on with Penny Tuesday.
#pennyawesome #pennytuesday #pennyfarthing #ordinarybicycle #highwheel #hochrad #laidbackcyclist #laidbacklondon #knottybear #bicycle #cycling #beautifulplaces #autumnleaves #cyclinglife #burnhambeeches
- dear_susan_bicyclesOff-road ordinary riding!
- dear_susan_bicyclesI thaught my single track shortcut through the woods on a Brompton last night was nuts but that looks way scarier!
- knotty.bear😂 @dear_susan_bicycles Cheers Petor, it's ok so long as the ground is firm, it's when the wheel sinks in; you got problems!!! 🚑
- dear_susan_bicyclesYou're way up on that pivot point and there's a lot of leverage around it between the ground and your face!!! I'll stick to the bike that a 6inch bump in the trail can stop dead... Much safer... Lol
- d34rl34derNiiiiiice!!! :)
- brent_williams01As one that has just ordered a 142cm ordinary, that "moment arm above pivot point" issue is a big concern for me. Had any/many bad headers? Help, hints, tips, tricks, spells, incantations and proper exclamations are all appreciated.
- knotty.bearPetor, @dear_susan_bicycles I would not normally ride in that sort of situation, tree roots and rabbit holes hidden by leaves and the like, but it was just too inviting and worth the risk 😎 riding on grass is fine though so long as you are aware of the ground conditions and don't ride like a maniac, or me 😉
- knotty.bearBrent, @brent_williams01 I have thankfully never had a header, and hope never to have! I have come off from riding too slow whilst navigating a switchback on a pedestrian bridge over the train lines, the bike just went sideways and I ran off of it, no harm done to either party! As for avoiding a header, best not to ride a penny, or be aware 200% and don't get cocky or over confident, a penny will spank the second your mind wanders. Practice emergency dismounts off the back in a safe environment, and even falling to the side. If you happen to find yourself going into a header make sure you remembered you helmet!!!!
- knotty.bearSpank you it should say!
- brent_williams01Sadly, most of us realize we forgot our helmets just before the skull impacts the street.
Log in to like or comment.