mutuallyassureddeconstructionDay 149: Early today @theahaines posted an image of Philippe Blanchard's installation "Inbetweening" and it served up today's stitch source material. Wish I could see it in person. It reminded me of a day earlier this year when I was in Georgia and I drove through a tiny town named "Between." I scribbled this in my journal on that day: "I passed through a town called Between. / I was in Between. / The cemeteries are all whitewashed/ stones dredged in grey runoff / and stained. / White sentinels / erect KKK hoods. / I keep looking for slavery in the landscape. / I saw a plantation home / I saw cows grazing by / a pond & realized / how long it's been / since I've been home." I think I was trying to think through why I expected to see entrenched racism in the landscape in Georgia, when it's just as entrenched in my lily-ass white hometown in Maine. #materialculture #philippeblanchard #between #embroidery #embroideryart #embroideryinstaguild #needlework #contemporaryembroidery #modernembroidery #stitches #stitchery #sampler #domesticarts #traditionalarts #handicraft #womenartists #femmeart #feministart #queerartist
- jose_carlos_mjuarezEstá súper bonito, ya quiero ver el resultado final. 💕💕
- jeremieandrew@ainsliemd thought you would enjoy
- flower.arnThis is amazing!😍
- mwhwmHow much time did you spend with this sitting I front of you?
- smiddleton_artBeautiful! 👌🌈
- pabloviniciusdesignThis is so beautiful and amazing ❤ You are incredible
- pedroluiss@patriciamatz olha que demais!
- patriciamatzeu ja tinha visto amor @pedroluiss
- lizzsala@kinseykitty damn
- email@example.com kijk hoe cute
- arstymommaSimply gorgeous...
- firstname.lastname@example.org چه باحاله 😍
Log in to like or comment.