robkuglerWell, #TeamBella...it's hard for me to tell you this, but today may have very well been our last full day in the beautiful outdoors. Bella started shivering today and her breathing became labored. There was actually a time after our bike ride that I looked into her eyes as I held her head in my lap and saw what they were telling me. I told her that I would be okay...that I'm ready if she is...and that I'll be holding her every step of the way. For a moment, I thought she may fall asleep right there in my arms. Yet, she held on..and we got up and chased some geese, and she went for another swim. Nonetheless, her breathing and shivering became worse and we zoomed up from the park in Denver to the FourSeasons Vet Hospital in Loveland. She's on oxygen right now and has been given a sedative to help. The X-rays showed that her lungs simply cannot produce enough oxygen...the time is near. We're doing our best to keep her comfortable through the night and set up a bridge crossing ceremony tomorrow at one of our new favorite outdoor spots we found here in Colorado. I'll be getting off my phone tonight and instead writing in a journal...possibly making another post in a few hours just to show her in her blanket and some comfort items that were given to her. Please don't ask for updates, judge any decisions, or even pray that she doesn't go. Just...know that it's okay that she is going. She has fulfilled her purpose. There are lessons to be learned from this timing. We are in a good place, with great people. I'll do my best to learn from this. It hurts...god it hurts...but it's going to happen...and that's okay. We cannot escape death, but we can embrace life. What you can send prayers and good energy for...is her comfort, her calm, my clarity, and my presence. She truly is the most perfect creature I've ever known...the spirit world is about to be that much more amazing, and I look forward to having the honor and gift of ushering her across that beautiful bridge.
Now...it's time for me to observe every beautiful thing I Love about my best friend as I lay on the floor next to her...admiring the perfection of her existence.
Rob n Bella
- elissamburugabyEl amor nunca muere!
- jofer1978Tristeza enorme. Estará corriendo en verdes praderas, bosques frondosos y nadando en aguas eternas. Mis condolencias. I'm so Sorry for your loss. I know how hurt when we loss our dear friends. Sorry my bad english.
- mylathemuseI love you princess Belle's. #gobellago 💓
- mylathemusethis has truly taught me what everything means. our purpose here.
- luuuuweeeesYour story is beyond beautiful. My prayers go out to you and Bella.
- jubebartMy heart weeps for you, saying goodbye to these wonderful companions we get to share our lives with is so hard. 😢
- juliegay274@samantha53573 can i cry yet
- robkugler@vicca81 That warms my heart.
- robkugler@turunch Thank you so very much.
- jlyldzGüle güle Bella.senin gibi cesur birini tanımak büyük onur... ve robkugler sizlere de teşekkür ederim .. bilin ki üzüntünuzü paylaşıyorum.. sevgiler
- acdandikemJe prie pour vous deux... votre histoire est incroyable... ❤️
- wrigley2015@robkugler my heart ❤ breaks for you I lost my little buddy, best friend, my Sweet Tay one year ago and it still hurts. You are in my prayers. Run and Play Sweet Bella and if you see Tay give him hugs for me… RIP Bella❤️🌈👼🙏❤️
- ghiaformeiaOne of the most beautiful relationship stories I've ever followed. Take care.
- beccac777Awww @nikki_yates_ crying my eyes out reading this 😢 poor Bella x
- raynamcbabe❤️❤️ rest in heaven Bella!!!!
- doooofusOh man! I've followed your story for a few months and was in awe of you both, I just checked in now to catch up and am fighting back the tears reading your posts, you had such an amazing time together and what you done for Bella was inspirational and beautiful, I'm so gutted she has gone now I love you guys and don't even know you. Take care 🐶🐾
Log in to like or comment.