learninginhandThere are so many times a teacher will want to display a web link, directions, reminder, etc. Writing this info on a whiteboard is one way to get the information in front of students. Another way to is make a slide and display it on a big screen in the classroom. And a really simple way is to use the CraftyText Chrome extension. After installing the extension from the Chrome Web Store, click its icon. A box appears. You type or paste what you want displayed and press Enter/Return on your keyboard. A semi-transparent gray box with white text is superimposed on top of your browser window. I usually uncheck Adapt Text Size before pressing Enter/Return so that my text will appear larger on multiple lines. (Adapt Text Size will shrink what you enter to fit on one line.)
- learninginhandYou’ll be tempted to click the Shorten button after inputting text. Don’t do it. Instead, press Enter/Return on your keyboard to display your text.
- learninginhandCraftyText's Shorten button uses Google’s URL shortener, which gives a web link a goo.gl URL. I’m not a fan of goo.gl links because they are difficult to type. I like how CraftyText makes it quick to Shorten, but I prefer to copy a customized link I get from Bitly.com or TinyURL.com. I customize the last part of the URL to be something much easier to say and type. #gsuiteEdu #chrome #teachersofinstagram #edtech
- mariagalanisJust used this the other day in a conference session! It helps so much! Great share. :)
- crafty184Thanks so much for featuring Crafty text! It didn't occur to me a button for displaying text would be preferred or confusing since the only button is shorten. I'll add that. Also would love any other feature requests!
- maryelenderwestTry all of Crafty's extensions! Crafty Cursor is another personal favorite!
- learninginhand@crafty184 Thank you for making a super handy extension! Adding a "Display" button would be great. 👍
- crafty184@learninginhand consider it in the queue to be released soon. :)
- mekeeneyI used this in a training today and loved it! Thanks.
Log in to like or comment.