benbrunotrainingThis is one of my favorite pressing combos for shoulders and upper chest that's also easy on the joints. Start by performing six band-resisted landmine presses per arm, then go directly into six squeeze presses. This functions are a simple but awesome mechanical drop set whereby the weight remains the same but you switch to an easier variation as you fatigue. Both pressing variations are great on their own, but one issue with landmine presses is that due to the arc of the bar, it gets easier as you approach lockout at the top, and this effect is heightened even more in taller lifters since it becomes more of a horizontal press. Adding band tension works great with the strength curve because band tension increases the higher up you go (aka. accommodating resistance) so it ends up providing a more even resistance throughout the entire range of motion. Remember that the wider your stance, the greater the band tension. The video is sped up slightly, but you get the idea.
- definitely_daniThanks!! I'll give this a try
- consult_with_ult👏🏼I can just about do the bar with one band. Not even sure what your resistance band is but impressive! @benbrunotraining
- rushefitness@benbrunotraining excellent 😀
- drockbroussard@erik_j_23 I like this
- slikander@benbrunotraining when you are using landmine, how much of the 45 pound bar do you count in the weight? It's not the full 45, right?
- dkordikWhat do you prop the other side of the bar against?
- kyle_lane_we_are_all_athletesGreat combination. 👍 love the addition of the band.
- chandra1014@joesvilpa_bmsfit this is what I was telling you you about. @bmsfit
- heartpscThis is the guy Brett trained at his gym @trainuniversity
- trainuniversity@heartpsc 👍👍
- alldayadam_aye@buenovega time for you to hold down the eastcoast #brunostrong train 💪🏼
- rxlovesfitnessAlso this one! I like the band application @mybbp
- iammsdenn@austin_brennan13 this is cool idea for you
- austin_brennan13Yeah!! @iammsdenn
Log in to like or comment.