lefrenchnomadSo guys let's start by introducing you to Kim Il Sung (left). He’s the Eternal President of North Korea. That means that even after his death he is still president and no one else can be. All the museum that I have visited during the trip were about his legendary accomplishments (that in fact he mostly didn’t accomplish).. His birthday is the nation’s biggest holiday and they even changed the year on his glory —it’s not 2016 in North Korea, it’s Juche 104 (104 years after Kim Il Sung’s birth). The guy on the right is his son, Kim-Jong-IL who died in 2011.
There are portaits of both of them side by side every where in the country and in every single house.
There are a lot of rules that applies to travelers.
For example when we came up to these statues we had to bow front home them, keep our hands by our side and not in the pocket and remove our hats. It was also not allowed to show our back to the statues.
We were required to take photo of the entire body (it's forbidden to cut off any part of it). If you have any paper with one of them on it, you’re not allowed to fold or throw away the paper. The guides who were with us 24/7 made sure that we followed all these rules and many others.. #TongilTrip #DPRK #NorthKorea #pyongyang #kimilsung #kimjungil
- mathildefkdeC'est dingue !!
- lefrenchnomad@stephanievoyage Kim-Jong-IL est considéré comme le General, et le dernier Kim-Jong-Un comme le Maréchal. C'est comme si on avait Hollande comme président pour la vie
- lefrenchnomad@francesbrit just to clarify, Juche is the official state ideology of North Korea.
- stephanievoyageÇa va pas la tête 😂😅 ahaha! En tout cas j'ai appris qqch je ne savais pas que les successeurs étaient considérés ainsi! C'est intéressant à savoir merci!
- christianpolchiNorth Korea... OMG
- sosodenimes18@lefrenchnomad encore une photo qui en dit long Ryan, superbe, j'ai beaucoup lu sur la Corée du Nord & tu confirmes ce que j'ai pu apprendre, à voir en vrai ça doit être tellement déstabilisant, les mots doivent manquer !
- randallhomOmg this just totally made my day 🙌🏼
- amin.amr@najwa_tbm lis la description
- firstname.lastname@example.org tu vas me faire croire que toi t'as lu
- amin.amr@najwa_tbm oué woullah mdrrr saloperie
- email@example.com Je ferais ça aussi dans mon pays
- rebecca_33_C'est glaçant !
- lefrenchnomad@rebecca_33_ quand tu le vis c'est plus intense 😨
- rebecca_33_@lefrenchnomad oui j'en suis certaine ! :/
- fragmentof.lifeThe regime. The laws and rules. The people. Truly heartbreaking
- kari_ma13Petard c particulier!
- inzanetravelsWow share more pics and stories man!
- joshgiulianoO.o wow!
- marktrelaphotographyThis is really great story
- jinhwanseol진짜 북한?
Log in to like or comment.