j.cecil27As I wake up this morning, reality is starting to set in...... Last night I may have watched my Husband pitch in a Jays uniform for the last time. It's all a bit surreal, we have spent the better part of the last 8 baseball seasons in this city. My babies have practically grown up at the Rogers Centre. I don't think there is one person who works there that I don't hug, or say hi to on a daily basis! Toronto is my home. Toronto is my heart and will always be a place where my family has spent some of the best moments of our lives. Toronto will always have a piece of me and if Brett doesn't come back, I will forever miss it! Thank you to everyone who always supported him and cheered for Brett and believed in him, and even thank you to those who didn't believe in him, because you only fueled his fire to work harder, get stronger, and prove you WRONG! Which I can gladly say he did! I will forever love you Toronto and all of the true fans who have stuck by my families side since the 2009 season. May god bless you all! We hope to see you again! #WeloveyouTO
- jomariecaseyThank you for making Canada your home for so long. If life's journeys take you elsewhere, I hope you will return to visit- there is a LOT of this great country to explore 🇨🇦
- adah905The Blue Jays have never had a player spend their entire career with the organization. Hopefully, Brett will be the first. #TOLovesCecil
- colleenlessardHoping Shapiro realizes what a phenomenal lefty that Brett is and has the wisdom to resign him. Thanks for a great season and will see you next year! All the best to your family.
- mariadc73Hoping to see Brett back in a Jays uniform next spring! He's been phenomenal out of the bullpen and a real asset to our team. I shed a tear reading your post and wish you and your beautiful family all the best life has to offer. #TOLovesCecil
- mrscathycooperI truly believe in my heart that you guys will be back in Toronto next season!! Brett is such an asset to the team, they'd be absolutely nuts not to bring him back! We definitely need him!! Try to enjoy this down time with your family as best as you can, because we'll need you guys nice and well rested so that we win the World Series next year! XO
- heathersova13I for one always believed in Brett win or lose. I pray he comes back he is a great player and from yours and his posts one heck of a family man. Have a great off season and be positive see you guys back in April.
- gowings19I personally love Brett and it will be very sad to see him go. Your family is beautiful and that was very well said.
- jeno_arulI hope he and your family stays! Kind words thanku back
- techmom2oneThank you for the lovely words! Brett is one of my favorites. I even sent you a picture a couple of years ago of my kid that we also called squints with his goggles. We wish your family the best of luck wherever you land. XO
- sharonlakingI'm glad you feel like TO is home and am praying he will be with the Jays next season!! Good luck to you & your family wherever you may be ❤️ Take Care
- blissnogueiraThank you Cecil's for all your hard work and dedication to not just this city but our country and please let Brett know that those of us who remember this place before the postseason runs will always be grateful for what both he and your family have done here. We watched him struggle and then watched him fly and I will never forget his often unsung contributions to this team. We hope to have you back next year but should you guys end up elsewhere a little piece of Toronto Blue Jays history will never be the same because of him and his tireless efforts to better himself for this game we all love.
- chelseawalll@valentinacee this is so sweet #brettdontleave
- gpneapew❤️I sure hope we see Brett and his wonderful family back😊
- jesselev7I really hope Brett comes back. I am very thankful for Brett and I am happy to know you guys loved Toronto and I hope you guys could spend more time here
- therealkimhosliceSo sad :( @aranveersomal
- birdymagCan't imagine the Jays not keeping Brett in Toronto! We want all the Cecils to stay in Canada! 💕
- carakingBeautiful sentiments! I hope you guys stay
Log in to like or comment.