runlikeahijabiI don't know if I'll ever get to run the @bostonmarathon But it's my dream to get to experience it at least once in my life. It's the most prestigious and oldest marathon. You can run it by qualifying or fundraise money for a specific charity. My issue is this; the list of charities they have on their website doesn't really apply to me. If I'm going to run to raise money for a cause I want it to be meaningful, sincere, personal, with deep beliefs in that cause. So I wrote to them via messenger and informed them that my dream is to run to raise money for refugees coming into this country who aim to live that American dream, who hope to be American but lack the resources since they're starting from scratch. Resources such as jobs, English classes, scholarships, and everyday household material are some very basic human needs for survival that they deeply need to thrive but lack. SO much needs to be done and we have few organizations that provide some needs for these refugees. But it's def not enough.
Anyway, forgive my rant; though I'll never give up hope that one day I can run this World Major Marathon for a great cause. Inshallah One day...... #runlikeahijabi #makingAmericagreatagain
- yo_gabagabbaLove your cause. It's rare, on point, and very true ❤ (: hope they hear you out !! Good luck
- theaquadI hope your letter works!! Inshallah you'll be able@to run for a cause you believe in!
- miss_runner_ISA u'll run it one day ❤🙏
- ohrosieeCan you please post an update if the Boston marathon group decide to change their charities? I love that idea and it would make these races much more meaningful. I would definitely try to raise funding for education in low socioeconomic places in the Bay Area. Thank you for sharing your ideas! I love everything you post!
- sghabachiKeep us updated because I would love to donate for your running cause.💓
- runlikeahijabiAn example of why the help is needed and why I want to fundraise for this cause via running @bostonmarathon
The numbers of Syrian refugees in Upstate New York are increasing. In Syracuse only there is 250 Syrian refugees so far and more numbers are expected to arrive till the end of the year .. I can tell you the living situation is bad, most of the apartments does not have washing machines, they have to walk for almost 20 minutes with their laundry to the nearest Laundromat carrying heavy bags of laundry and pay each time around 7$
They arrive with no English language, struggle to understand the culture for the first few months ... land lords abuse their situation
A question to the resettlement agencies:
if you are unable to provide proper living conditions for those new refugees why bother bringing them here and let them pay their own plane tickets after 6 months from arriving ?
Why not teach them the language and culture while waiting to travel to USA?
All help in Upstate New York is needed
- runlikeahijabi@ohrosiee will do!! Thank you and good luck to u!!
- runlikeahijabi@s_habachi absolutely sister
- runlikeahijabi@asalteagirl @aishaq @kamilla_th @greekprin @vk1211 seriously let's write them and hopefully they'll hear us out!
- kamilla_thI'm all in🙌🏻
- run_like_a_girl26.2@runlikeahijabi my goal too!!!
- runlikeahijabi@greekprin @kamilla_th @run_like_a_girl26.2 @sghabachi @ohrosiee @hijabislift @vk1211 @herbnrun @yo_gabagabba so my dream came true and I'm running Boston for #refugees!!! Thought to come back to this post and remind y'all to plz donate! My link is in my bio! Thank you 🙏🏽
- hijabislift@runlikeahijabi of course!
- yo_gabagabba@runlikeahijabi I was having some trouble being able to log in yesterday but definitely will today!! Congrats 😉!! Can't wait to see you run it!
- sghabachiDone 🌼🌼 @runlikeahijabi
- runlikeahijabi@sghabachi you are awesome! Than u so much!!
- runlikeahijabi@yo_gabagabba no worries! The link is always there for your convenience:)
- greekprin@runlikeahijabi yes of course!! I am so happy to donate to such a wonderful cause. I will do so this evening! 🌸
Log in to like or comment.