I normally wouldn't post something like this but this time I find it necessary. I've always tried to keep my kids safe by removing any unnecessary dangers out of reach (medications, chemicals, knives etc.). So when My husband made tea last night (like he does every night) we made sure to place the tea pot away from the edge of the kitchen counter. My 5yr old son was bringing his plate from dinner into the kitchen, pushed it onto the counter, a nudge too far, that it cracked our glass tea pot in such a way that all the hot, nearly boiling liquid spilled over the counter and onto his stomach. We removed his clothing instantly, brought him upstairs to the shower and let cool water run over the massive scalded area on his entire stomach for 20 minutes. Over 300 children are brought to the emergency room in the US each day for burns and scalds. Daniel was there as well so that we could get his blistered 2nd degree burns on his body dressed properly. I always thought that scalds wouldn't happen to MY children because I was far too careful and that IF they were to happen that it would be when they were toddlers. I was wrong on both of those assumptions . I'm not posting this to make people tell me how bad they feel for my son. I'm posting this to hopefully remind all parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles that burns and scalds can happen at any age and that you should be prepared and aware of what to do in a situation like that. There is nothing worse than having a child scream out in excruciating pain and not know what to do or have to start googling it instead of acting immediately. I've posted a link above in my profile on burn prevention and treatment that I encourage everyone to read through. Hope everyone has a safe weekend ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜
182 likes
  • veganfamilyrecipesI normally wouldn't post something like this but this time I find it necessary. I've always tried to keep my kids safe by removing any unnecessary dangers out of reach (medications, chemicals, knives etc.). So when My husband made tea last night (like he does every night) we made sure to place the tea pot away from the edge of the kitchen counter. My 5yr old son was bringing his plate from dinner into the kitchen, pushed it onto the counter, a nudge too far, that it cracked our glass tea pot in such a way that all the hot, nearly boiling liquid spilled over the counter and onto his stomach. We removed his clothing instantly, brought him upstairs to the shower and let cool water run over the massive scalded area on his entire stomach for 20 minutes. Over 300 children are brought to the emergency room in the US each day for burns and scalds. Daniel was there as well so that we could get his blistered 2nd degree burns on his body dressed properly. I always thought that scalds wouldn't happen to MY children because I was far too careful and that IF they were to happen that it would be when they were toddlers. I was wrong on both of those assumptions . I'm not posting this to make people tell me how bad they feel for my son. I'm posting this to hopefully remind all parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles that burns and scalds can happen at any age and that you should be prepared and aware of what to do in a situation like that. There is nothing worse than having a child scream out in excruciating pain and not know what to do or have to start googling it instead of acting immediately. I've posted a link above in my profile on burn prevention and treatment that I encourage everyone to read through. Hope everyone has a safe weekend ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜

  • maria.nomasI hope he gets well soon
  • veganfamilyrecipes@laureaubourg @flowerpowerneta @k_wantland @paiz_mg @oliviamcallister @maria.nomas thank you ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜˜
  • veganfamilyrecipes@vegan_in_the_freezer Thanks, Ginny. i will ๐Ÿ˜˜โค๏ธ
  • veganfamilyrecipes@frei_style Thanks. It was one of mine as well and I guess it still is. No way I want that to happen again. Thanks for your kind words ๐Ÿ˜˜โค๏ธ
  • veganfamilyrecipes@cookwithmanali Thanks Manali, hope you're doing well then too! That's never fun! โค๏ธ๐Ÿ™
  • cookwithmanaliI am better now, thanks for asking! ๐Ÿ˜˜ @veganfamilyrecipes
  • thenutriplanetOh my! Goid that he's ok!
  • chlorella.lifeะŸั€ะพัั‚ะพ ััƒะฟะตั€!
  • mags_frischwonderful profile keep up the good work!
  • soyhelenThanks for sharing, this truly can happen to anyone.
  • nelaacunaAwww I hope he is better. By the way, lavender heals burns super fast and takes away the pain (from experience). But it needs to be true lavander (Lavandula angustifolia) (sometimes calledย L. officinalisย orย L. vera). not Lavandinย (Laban dual x intermedia). Lavandin actually makes it worse and could burn the skin more.
  • _balancelleOh woww I hope he will get better soon!
  • vegan_katyYou have a glass kettle?
  • veganfamilyrecipes@vegan_katy it's not a kettle that you can put on the stove. It's one that you pour boiling water over the tea leaves. Does that make sense ๐Ÿ˜‚ I USED to have one. Not so much anymore ๐Ÿ˜Š
  • veganfamilyrecipes@nelaacuna thanks ๐Ÿ™ That's so good to know. I'll have to get my hands on some and keep it at home just in case. Does it have any other uses as well?
  • veganfamilyrecipes@_balancelle thank you. It's been just over a week and he's feeling much better. ๐Ÿ˜Š
  • lmhallmanThank you so much for sharing! This is terrifying. I hope you beautiful boy feels better soon.
  • quick_veganThank you for sharing! Sometimes we forget about dangers in our homes. So sorry this fluke happened to him!
  • lisa_hale33@veganfamilyrecipes sorry to hear about your little man. Hope he recovers quickly.
  • lisa_hale33@veganfamilyrecipes i pressed send too soon. My daughter suffered full thickness burns from a hot cup of tea. A total accident.... i was there as was my 16 and 8 year old. It happened so fast..... she developed burns sepsis and ended up in hdu. .. she recovered quickly but did not heal quickly. Every dressing change was hellishly painful for her. They decided to step in and do soon grafts ....one on her fave one on her chest and arm. she is 20m old. And is inquisitive as they come. She has bounced back incredibly. I will forever see her scars a nd remmber her screams..... my son's screams. I will forever feel guilty! She is my rock. She's been so strong! Big hugs to you and your little man. Xxxxx
Log in to like or comment.