grahamsherrieIn celebration of all things fall-ish, and as a way to warm and sweeten up these darker mornings, let me take you back to a time long ago and far away, to a time before Instagram but after Facebook. I discovered a recipe like this for a Sweetened Chai Concentrate and tweaked it to make it my own and have made it every fall since. It's the only thing I ever buy sweetened condensed milk for; it really feels like a treat on these chilly fall mornings. Just stir in a teaspoon to your black tea for a spiced addition to your morning routine. I don't drink coffee, so I have no opinion on how that might work out for you. You can totally adjust the spices to your liking - a bit of ginger might be nice! And it keeps for ages in the fridge. (Free tight-sealing tops for regular-mouth jars can be found on Magic Baking Powder containers as seen bottom right.) 😂 Pour 1 can sweetened condensed milk in a 500mL Mason jar. Stir in 2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp nutmeg, 1 tsp cardamom, a pinch of cloves. Stir well. Store in fridge. Ta-da! Enjoy! 🍂🍁
- austengillilandOh yes! Happy fall!
- marissa.froeseYum! Does the condensed milk last longer than regular cream would do you think?
- grahamsherrieYes, absolutely @marissa.froese! There's less water content because it's condensed, and the sugar acts as a preservative, too. 😊
- a.shari.aCan't wait to try!
- pleasepeasThis sounds dangerously good.
- tara.reesei've never seen this (and I feel like I've seen every clever pinteresty thing) ~ thank you for sharing!
- grahamsherrieMy pleasure, @tara.reese! ☕️
- grahamsherrieIt is, @pleasepeas! 😂
- firstname.lastname@example.org I hope you enjoy!
- grahamsherrie@kelswharton I have it on good authority that it's also good in coffee!
- yoginigirl108I copied you and made some!!!
- littlehomebyhandThat sounds so good. Have to try!
- greenmountainmommaOk thank you!!
- sarahemilyallenI just remembered this and made up a batch - amaaaaaazing. 🍂💛 thank you!
Log in to like or comment.