londonstereoscopiccompanyWORKING ON THE QUEEN IN 3-D BOOK. A message from Brian: "We’re at the stage of doing book cover art and promo material, while I’m still polishing text and Denis and I are restoring the images, and we’re compositing and designing. Greg Brooks has been an amazing source of extra information to fill any gaps and fix dates …. so I’m very much indebted to my amazing team. So here is a little behind-the-scenes reveal … in 3-D, of course.
We had a special session on Thursday to make some lenticular 3-D pictures of our own from sctratch. Our brilliant designer and friendly genius Jamie Symonds (He did the design for Diableries, A Village Lost and Found, etc) had made out of Meccano (!) a perfectly functional rig to track a camera along a rail, taking stills all the way, with the camera toe-ing in just the right amount to make a series of pictures of any subject from a whole range of different angles. This is what’s needed to build up the virtual ‘depth’ and solidity in those plastic lenticular prints … one of which appeared on the front of the Diableries book.
The redoubtable Denis Pellerin has set up a video studio room in our small studio village … and has become an expert in lighting as well as 3-D imaging. While Jamie was working his magic on me with his home-made tracking camera, Denis was taking 3-D stills - which you can see here. Use a LITE OWL to get the best effect from them … I think you will enjoy. Our new LITE OWLS are now flying all around the world - I’m very proud ! So please let us supply you with one before the first batch are sold out.
So ! Here we are making lenticular images … of me ! And various relevant artefacts.
Cheers, Bri" #3D #3-D #stereoscopy #BrianMay #DenisPellerin #LondonStereoscopicCompany #LSC #NationalStereoscopicAssociation #Crinoline #Diableries #PoorMansPictureGallery #Wheatstone
- quenotedariayo😍😍😍😍😍 I can't wait to see the final product, guys!!!
- mariarosalesvOmg this is perfect
- beeelhidalgoHe is perfect❤😍
- dutchmaizeI can't get my eyes of the " Lenticular Red Special " in the corner 😫😊
- vmladySo excited for this 3D project! @
- yaelernstAre these being delievered by @brianmayforreal after you buy one?? #hopeful 💜😍😘
- comunitaqueeniana@brianmayforreal @londonstereoscopiccompany Thank you for this wonderful update. We can't wait!
- chiaratomainiAmazing to see this and to have seen the mechanism about the lenticular cover, its mechanism and how you must use it! I was so curious about, thanks to had the time to explain it! Can't wait to see the final product of it, you all are doing an amazing job from what I'm seeing!
- comunitaqueeniana@brianmayforreal @londonstereoscopiccompany BTW there are proper tools to take sequential pix for that purpose, i.e. the ones used for timelapse vids. Is there any specific reason why Jamie made one of his own with Meccano (apart the fact it's genial of course)?
Log in to like or comment.