crabandbeeI wrote a little post about deciding not to sew all my clothes. I stocked up on knits and other stuff at the thrift store recently and bought three new things. One was this Patagonia fleece. (Thanks to sewing and fit knowledge, I sized up for my shoulders and haven't been sorry.) Btw, I've been super-inspired by their @wornwear project, where a crew in a van travels around the US and repairs old clothes and gear. Their feed showcases much-loved repaired garments and their stories - check it out if you haven't already!
- ute_igWhat a great project/account! Thanks for the inspiration!
- jessmakesThe more research I've done on Patagonia, the more impressed I am by their company and how they reflect their beliefs in how they run the company. Not to mention that I really like their clothing as well. 😊
- marillawalkerI actually think that sewing is a journey to more conscious thinking! There is no need in the end to sew all the things, but learning the process helps you have a better understanding of the work involved and in turn makes you a more conscious consumer. I'm all for trying to make all the things, but not because I never ever want to buy things that have been made by someone else, I just hope it gives me greater respect for the resources and skills required! 😉
- giddyupgirlmtLove Patagonia brand.
- kathryn_mhairiLovely fleece, and great company. My husband has a winter jacket by them that I wouldn't mind for myself! I haven't seen that project before though, off to check it out.
- sasha_secondopianoI have some of their gear bought more than 20yrs ago ... It's still holding perfect: the difference between good clothing and junk
- jkmatsonPatagonia's 's support of working families gained me as an enthusiastic customer for life.
- whatmissamydidLooking forward to reading it. And that is a great color on you.
- crabandbee@ute_ig They get pretty creative with their fixes!
- crabandbee@jessmakes @giddyupgirlmt it's crazy how they manage to be a successful retailer and uphold their beliefs. I've had a few pieces of gear from them over the years, and while the quality was amazing, the fit was never quite right until realizing I just needed to size up in their brand!
- crabandbee@marillawalker You just got to the heart of what I was trying to say in my post. Beautifully put! I don't regret any of the things I've tried to make, and have learned so much by trying. I need to print out your comment and put it somewhere I can see it!
- crabandbee@kathryn_mhairi it's a lovely intersection of mending, the outdoors, and personal histories!
- crabandbeesasha_secondopiano wow! Making gear that lasts over 20 years is a rarity these days.
- crabandbee@jkmatson I was just reading about that - so cool.
- crabandbee@whatmissamydid the color did sway me... :)
- tmlovesamGreat article! Thank you!
- adriennebauerWhat an awesome site! Thanks for the recommendation.
Log in to like or comment.