obeygiantI’ve been a big fan of the band #FranzFerdinand since they first hit the scene in 2003. I met the Franz guys at a gig in L.A. a few years ago and mentioned I’d be excited to collaborate if the opportunity should arise. That moment has arrived, and it coincides with a mutual desire to block a certain demagogue from ever arriving at the White House. I’m incredibly proud that Alex reached out to me to collaborate on an image for possibly the bands’ first overtly political song “Demagogue.” I listened to the song and considered my thoughts about #Trump as a sociopath and a destructive force in politics and society. Listen to the song (link in bio), look at the art, and search your own conscience for where you stand on the politics of fear and division versus the politics of hope and inclusion. If you feel as I do, that Trump is terrible for America and the rest of the world, vote and speak your mind. Every act of moral courage makes a difference. Thanks for caring! – Shepard
18 inches x 24 inches #ScreenPrint on cream Speckle Tone paper. Signed by #ShepardFairey. Numbered edition of 500. $60. Available Tuesday, 10/18/16 at 10am PST on ObeyGiant.com in PRINTS.
This song and print are released in conjunction with @30days30songs. Proceeds will benefit the @populardemocracy and their efforts towards Universal Voting Rights.
- lasmigas_depanBrutal 🔝🔝😉
- virgiliomarquesnetoSo, do you and the guys from Franz Ferdinand support rape? Interesting
- st0liWe're a long way from HOPE
- thekitkatdiaries@case_number_9990 Just voted. Mail-in style. Seeing his name on the ballot made me cringe.
- circleofnowhereI dreamed I was president. And u were my first lady.. Possibly a hint of our multidimensional relationship
- circleofnowhere@chesiremadness 👆
- prime_minister_karloffThe fact that this is pissing off so many people goes to show that your art is actually saying something. You've been an inspiration to me since I was a kid and whether or not I agree with you is irrelevant because this piece sparks a conversation that needs to be had. Keep it up Shep!
- nightlux@ashowl11 Hillary isn't any better, you might as well ask which gone to shoot yourself in the head with. Either way you are fucked.
- nightlux@ashowl11 Learn how to read before you write a book.
- nightlux@ashowl11 I was for Bernie as well, sadly that will never happen.
- nightlux@ashowl11 By the way you should practice what you preach. "you read and assumed what you wanted." Actually no I didn't and I never suggested you shoot yourself in the head either. I was comparing voting for either candidate as picking which gun to shoot yourself with because it doesn't matter. It's both a terrible outcome.
- nightlux@ashowl11 A revolution would actually be good, the government is what's giving all those corrupt CEO's a free pass. Even our president is corrupt. You couldn't have such a big change without blood.
- sexualrealityShep sucks. He reminds me of Greenday.
Log in to like or comment.