pastrywithjennNot bad for my first batch of apple rose tarts. 🙌🏻 Next test will be with my last two Pink Pearls of the season. Le sigh. Question for you bakers... I'm using peeled apples but everyone seems to like skin-on. The contrasting colors are pretty, but I don't love the texture when eating them. Is it just me? Hmm.
- cuisinejosephineCute 👏
- sabrinawuuuu👯👯 @elkielmi☀️
- pastrywithjenn@sarah_c_owens good to know! Must just be a personal taste thing.
- pastrywithjenn@la_newport for some reason with tomatoes I don't mind...
- pastrywithjenn@suziedepingu I was basing it off a recipe from @marthastewart and I thought oh.. it made it nice and moist, not quite as dry looking when baked. For the next ones I won't poach some and compare.
- pastrywithjenn@foxyfleet 💕💕
- sweetbysugar_So pretty! Great job for your first time :)
- theneighborgoodswithloveSo so pretty!!! 💕
- ohenryhenriWhat dough did you use?
- pastrywithjenn@ohhenryhenri Store bought puff pastry!
- beyondsweetandsavoryCan't believe you found more!!!! 💕
- nosheriumOMG @jennyeesf I found more pink pearl apples! Market Hall Produce in Rockridge Oakland can hook you up!
- pastrywithjenn@nosherium WHAT. Wait are they really pink inside? I got some at Berkeley Bowl last Dec and they were more flesh colored.
- nosherium@jennyeesf some are brighter than others, and can be a bit mottled. Not bad for so late in the season!
- pastrywithjenn@nosherium Thanks so much!! I may have to get some. 🙌🏻
- nosherium@jennyeesf hurrah! I've just been eating them sliced and dipped in sweetened tahini. Hoping to make a tart soon though!
Log in to like or comment.