amberrosetamblynI need to tell you a story. With the love and support of my husband, I've decided to share it publicly.
A very long time ago I ended a long emotionally and physically abusive relationship with a man I had been with for some time. One night I was at a show with a couple girlfriends in Hollywood, listening to a DJ we all loved. I knew there was a chance my ex could show up, but I felt protected with my girls around me. Without going into all the of the details, I will tell you that my ex did show up, and came up to me in the crowd. He's a big guy, taller than me. The minute he saw me, he picked me up with one hand by my hair and with his other hand, he grabbed me under my skirt by my vagina— my pussy?— and lifted me up off the floor, literally, and carried me, like something he owned, like a piece of trash, out of the club. His fingers were practically inside of me, his other hand wrapped tightly around my hair. I screamed and kicked and cried. He carried me this way, suspended by his hands, all the way across the room, pushing past people until he got to the front door. My friends ran after him, trying to stop him. We got to the front door and I thank God his brothers were also there and intervened. In the scuffle he grabbed at my clothes, trying to hold onto me, screaming at me, and inadvertently ripped off my grandmother’s necklace, which I was wearing. The rest of this night is a blur I do not remember. How I got out to the car. How I got away from him that night. I never returned for my necklace either.
That part of my body, which the current Presidential Nominee of the United States Donald Trump recently described as something he’d like to grab a woman by, was bruised from my ex-boyfriend's violence for at least the next week. I had a hard time wearing jeans. I couldn’t sleep without a pillow between my legs to create space.
To this day I remember that moment. I remember the shame. I am afraid my mom will read this post. I'm even more afraid that my father could ever know this story. That it would break his heart. I couldn't take that. But you understand, don't you? I needed to tell a story. Enjoy the debates tonight.
- arianaaretinoLove you
- sweetarts_kayYou're loved, and a symbol of Strength. I was abused as well. I was only 18, it was my first real relationship. Or so I thought. 🙏🏽 I have love for all WOMAN and I'm VERY truly sorry we have a WOMAN hater in office. I cry 😪
- susieq2uOur president elect is vile. I will never forget what he said and then how he mocked his accuser's looks - he is vile and he brought back vile memories for me and so many women.
- haylie.montieI'm sorry because this happened to you 😢 You are very brave ❤
- maggiehall__You are so brave and needed. I can't tell you how sorry I am that this happened to you. 💙
- theurbandoorThank you for sharing this.
- atari_ellI've been working as a waitress for years quite often at night as well, and it has been pretty normal to get touched by several male guests. Just when I grew older I became that brave to tell'em they should stop that. My experiences: The boys and men make themselves looking like or try to explain, that they didn't do anything - although I knew it exactly. In the end they got angry - no one ever apologized. There was also one moment when I was with some girls and one man grabbed - even the girls didn't beliebe in me. I think there is so much more to do because of sexual harassment in the everyday life of a pseudo-civilized modern society. To be honest and to tell personal stories like this will be one of the most important and long overdue first steps to give victims (much more girls/women AND boys/men than be told) their voices back and finally make a change in minds. Thanks to you.
- ericcmaherI assume you didn't marry the guy
- duppyvibe@ericcmaher wtf
- ashleye__brooke😢💙 words can't express how sorry I am for what you endured, but thank you for being brave and shedding light on something that happens far too easily and often in this world. Xo
- ciarrakingYour strength has given me strength for what this new year holds. ❤️
- ana_goldThank you for sharing this and I'm beyond broken that someone did this to you and that this man has any power #women unite
- glh_89This broke my heart. I can somewhat relate as I was raped losing my virginity that way and I would see him in clubs and leave after it happened. Thank you so much for sharing
- lizbarbb@jacquenajeraa omg this just broke my heart
- katielively06You are so brave for sharing this. I love you.
Log in to like or comment.