laracaseySometimes I wish I could go through every person's profile and find out who you are. I get fired up knowing what makes other people fired up. That's why I studied music theatre in college: I loved telling people's stories. And it's why I became a personal trainer after college: I wanted to help people live their stories well. I know this is just an Instagram post, but we're all real people. Maybe I can learn from you. Maybe we could do something good together. Or maybe someone else here needs your story, your service, art, the words on your blog, or your friendship. Can you tell me (us!) about yourself? I'd love to know who you are, or if we've met before what's new in your life, or how you connected with me here. I'll leave some thoughts below too.
- miladygriffin@samanthareidnif what an amazing story!
- piano_lover97Hi! I am a 19 year old girl who is studying to be a piano teacher. I recently learned that I have lymphoma, a type of blood cancer. I know I am going through this for God's glory even if it's hard. I love how open you are and how mature your relationship with God seems to be. I heard about you from a friend who read Make It Happen and lent it to me afterwards.
- amycornwellHey I'm Amy! Mother of two and wife of one 😝 I'm a jewelry designer in central Indiana (Hoosier all my life). We met at influence a few years ago and I have you a circle bracelet that was stamped with one of your most often used quotes. I love following your sweet posts.
- elsieroadmagazineA writer living near Vancouver, Canada 🇨🇦 dealing with the day to day of an autoimmune. Love your encouragement and realness in your posts and emails. Also a huge magazine lover; I think I first discovered you through your Southern Weddings story. So inspired by that and hoping to get my own print magazine into the world some day.
- emren14Howdy Laura! I'm Emilee and I adore your imperfect purposefulness. It drives and inspires me to not settle for a life I don't absolutely love. To find that true purpose the Lord has for me. And to enjoy the season I'm in-embracing it with an open heart and mind. I first stumbled upon SW mag almost 4 years ago now and, truthfully, my life will never be the same! I've always said I was meant to be southern, but born midwestern. I was on the blog every single day for awhile reading and growing in my knowledge of love, marriage and tradition. You ladies have taught me more than you know! One of my bucket list items is the Nov. launch party to meet y'all and I promise to get out to the V10 party, because I can already feel the excitement building! Your story and your words always touch very true to my heart and I thank you for sharing. When I'm struggling to find my purpose you help me find peace. Thank you for opening this space to share and God bless🙌🏼 prayers to your little ones- they seem like a hoot! ❤️
- lindsraedesignWhere did you study musical theatre? I was an MT major at The University of Oklahoma. Now, a designer in Brooklyn😀
- j2thorneHey @laracasey! I'm Jennifer, wife and mama to three little ones ages 5, 3, and 1. We are a homeschooling family and we reside in Alabama. I love sewing, painting, journaling and finding other creative ways to express myself. I found you through Instagram and I am encouraged by your feed daily! I just received the complete set of Write the Word books and I can't wait to get started journaling!
- myaeady614Hi!! My name is Mya and I love Jesus, I'm a mom of an amazing 5 year old boy named Logan, and I'm also working on starting a ministry called "The Surrendered Life". I have a passion to tell people about Jesus and help women learn how to live a life for Christ in today's time. I love what you do and you have been such an inspiration to me! My husband and I just started the divorce process and I was so encouraged by a video that you did recently that told a bit of your testimony. I'm so excited to buy your book! Thank you for being led by the Lord!!
- valerie____rose@laracasey Hello. I just stumbled upon your page this morning and I'm so glad I did. I am a NY girl now calling Florida home. I will be 50 in December and will graduate with my Bachelor's degree in English Literature next year. I've been a writer since I was very little but only recently made it a life goal. I didn't like the direction my life was going 4 years ago so I set out to change it. I have three children, two boys and a girl and three grandsons. It is nice to meet you. Your page is lovely.
- lauren_puzzitielloHi @laracasey! I have been following you over 2 yrs now and started power sheets with #savorseptember back in 2013! I am amazed to watch your heart, family and business grow! The Lord is doing big things!! Your FB streams recently have been SO encouraging! I'm in my late 20's, live near Lake Erie in Ohio and have a fierce love for Jesus. I write on lightlovelauren.com or post her with #lightlovelauren to help share truth and encourage others. I currently do marketing and strategic plans for seasonal greeting cards but I can feel the Lord moving and calling me to big things creatively where I can love and serve others well, even if I have no idea what that looks like, God does! I recently met a wonderful man who has me captivated, I've been in awe with how the Lord is moving in our hearts and lives and I'm excited for what the next few months look like within the Lord's will! Nice to "meet" you, Lara! ❤️
- laracasey@lindsraedesign So fun! I went to Carnegie Mellon 💛
- laracasey@samanthareidnif Wow, I have so much I could learn from you! Your story inspires me.
- lindsraedesignAwesome! Had a few friends who went there. Such a great school!
- themrsleeI'm a MTH alum - Chapel Hill October 2013 (it was held at your church that year). I'm the girl who wanted to grow food for local food pantries. So much has happened since then! I still have my urban garden and donate most of our harvest each year. I had hoped to do more but life got in the way and I had to learn that I can still make an impact, no matter how small it may seem. I got married, gained two beautiful stepsons, I quit my horrible job in the corporate world, went back to school (graduating in May with a degree I put off finishing for nearly 25 years). Still figuring out how to use my talents to help people and make the world a better place. Whenever I need encouragement your IG feed and blog are always a huge source if inspiration for me. Probably more than you know!
- laracasey@themrslee Your update makes me SO GRATEFUL and excited! Wow this is amazing! 🙌
- themrsleeThank you Lara!! 😄
- thecarolinafarmhouseI cannot tell you how much you encourage me. I have a 2 year old, a 1 year old, and an almost 6 mo old and having someone who understands what it's like to be in the trenches with babies so close in age has been HUGE for me. Seeing your IG stories at dinner time while trying to bottle feed two babies at the same time make me smile and also pray for you, because that is so my life right now too. It's a beautiful mess. I wouldn't have it any other way, but it's nice to have someone else understand just how hard it can be too. Thank you. ❤️
- simplybevin@laracasey Thank you for your company, your heart for the Lord, for women, and for encouraging us all to seek what matters most. I'm a late 20-something going through a season of uncertainty in discerning what to do professionally and personally. Not know where I'm going to be in a month or a year is a really hard season for me, but your PowerSheets and Write The Word have encouraged so much to focus on what DOES matter and what I CAN do. This year with your 2016 workbook has been one of the hardest but most purposeful years of my life. Your constant encouragement to seek the Lord has helped point me back to Him and God has and continues to help me weather the storms and trials of life. Thank you!
- katylouisegraceHi Lara! I'm Katy and I live in Toronto - Canada! I started to follow you online because I am a huge fan of southern weddings and I work in the wedding magazine publishing world and wanted to see the lives of many others! You are such an inspiration to me - as a new graduate from very far away I am so encouraged by your authenticity, your joy, your transparency and your attentiveness to God's calling for each season that you are in. You are such a role model of loving people and seeking rich community. I am praying for you and sending such love to you and your sweet family! 💕
Log in to like or comment.