colesprouseAt the time, I thought it was the worst curse a person can receive. "I'll always love you..." as if she could promise she'd still be around past the sickness.
To me, afterwards, love was a lot like a borrowed happiness. The more joyful and passionate the beginning, the more of that joy you were unknowingly taking from the end. As if the world had to stay in perfect balance, punishing the morning glutton by starving the evening widow. "I'll always love you," then, became a secret told against that balance, an admission by someone incapable of paying yesterday's happiness back. A guilty sentence, placing the whole burden of the loan upon their lover.
She was taken too soon. She only knew the good, and now I carry all the loan.
Sometimes the loan is too much, and kills the living, like Johnny Cash. But I'm so thankful I could be that for her. So thankful she said those words to me now.
I said the only thing you really can, something that means taking on more pain for the sake of her own mortality: "I'll make sure I go after you." I did.
- kelseygossomcaption??? i'm cryING??
- ennasbAwesome landscape
- skygurl7727This is my home town❤
- alexxmaevaПиздец урвс
- thepollenblogSwimming in these colors 💫
- diane__gcSo good
- sashabarsvHi,You have great photos.Do not stop doing this.You-amazing photographer.When I look at you-my heart stops!You are amazing, I dream to see you..
- jessuehHey Cole, beautiful picture. If you don't mind me asking, what camera are you using? All the best!
- amandacondaaLike something out of a dream.....
- r.a.d1010You'll make a good author some day.
- soe.meh@__dk1__ aesthetic
- firstname.lastname@example.org damn hella😍😍
- camargocarolyne@micaelaaleslie is it this
Log in to like or comment.