We are extremely sad to tell you that on December 22, 2016, Spoke will close its doors. As all of you know I have been dealing with very serious health issues. For many months I have tried to remain at the helm from afar. However, as any of you in this industry know, this is not an ideal way to run a business. This is especially true for someone like me whose goal was to not only discover amazing wine, but to be in the trenches every night sharing this experience with each and every one of my guests and staff. It is a testament to my incredible staff that they have managed to soldier on without me for so long. Every single one of them are friends and heroes for their professionalism and tremendous hard work. When all is finished and the doors close, each one of them will move on to incredible new pursuits (and perhaps a few well-deserved vacations) and they have earned my eternal love and gratitude. And thanks to all of you, our guests and neighbors, for making Spoke such a wonderful place. We could not have done this without you. It is my hope that all of you will continue to support us with your patronage and your good will until the end. I maintain faith that someone in the industry will buy the restaurant and continue what we started. In the meantime, it will be business as usual. You can expect the same great food, wine, and service. Peace and Love, Flea. #smallbutmightyspoke #wine #thefleaandsherishow @chefjohndasilva @lovedayink @lizmann126 @hannibalrae @thesonofpar @grshalan @creamofsoup @self_khanhstruction @gravitok
- a74ley@spokewinebar I am so sad to hear! This is such a beautiful and lovely place for the neighborhood. Getting healthy should be your main focus and best wishes to you in doing just that...getting healthy!
- georgejagYou created a very special place with an amazing team. I will miss it very much, thank you for all the memories and stay strong.
- sylviabroudeEvery neighborhood longs for a restaurant like Spoke. We traveled from Dorchester and before that, JP. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and thank you to the entire team of staff. Good luck to all.
- somervillebeatGoing to miss @spokewinebar so much! Best of luck to everyone and healing thoughts for Flea. 💕
- macabostonOh no!!! @thewinedork
- bawstongThank you for what you gave us all. One of the most wonderful purist wine bars I have been too here.
- allheartprWe are heartbroken but happy for what was and what comes next. @joshua_childs and I had a special dinner at @spokewinebar before he proposed to me at Powderhouse Park. We'll be in to see you soon!
- rtw180Love and best wishes to you, Flea and the Spoke staff.
- thewinedorkOh no! One of my absolute favorite places. So sad to see it go. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful place with all of us! @macaboston we should go this fall ❤️
- ladypaws4So sorry to hear that you're not well, Flea. We have loved our nights at this neighborhood gem and know how much thought and care went into its creation and operation. David will be forever flattered that you chose to name it Spoke! We will definitely make it in another couple of times before we have to say goodbye. Sending healing thoughts your way...
- mariswicksI can't express in words how much Spoke has meant to me, especially these past 2 years. Thank you for everything.
- jocelynsheff💛💛💛💛💛 to you my dear
- heathermac20Wishing you healthy days ahead. Spoke is a gem in this community, thank you for sharing it.
- sortunchefFlea. Don't know how to express the admiration I have for you and your team, your strength .... You created something very special because YOU are so very special. I hope this life change has a bright star. I will miss.❤️
- tringorealestateWe love you Flea and @spokewinebar ❤️
- sycamore755Much love
- lovedayinkLove you ladies so much.
- vino.pleaseToo cute
- rossinispizzaBummer! Thanks for being there.
Log in to like or comment.