lauriecarter_bc#Emily_Carr_Trail: I chose a segment of the pole representing K'uuna Llnagay (#Skedans) for the cover of #EmilyCarrsBC book two because the #Haida watchmen (three figures in hats) remind me of the Watchman I met there, Walter Russ, grandson of Emily's guides, William and Clara Russ. This couple, with whom Emily became friends, feature in several of her stories of #HaidaGwaii. #explorebc #gohaidagwaii #aboriginalbc #emilycarr #totempoles #tmacca #indigenous #firstnations
- gmilarepaGreat carvings of the watchful human face (with a touch of Raven)!
- suzanneberton🌼💯💯💯🌼 awed
- lauriecarter_bc@gmilarepa 👍
- lauriecarter_bc@suzanneberton these poles just knock me out.
- lauriecarter_bc@rodjo9999 Merci Josette. Bonne semaine a vois. 👋
- johan_ivan_pradoNice image🌟🌟
- lauriecarter_bc@upenguinz thanks so much.
- camerawanderlustVery nice capture.
- lauriecarter_bc@johanivanprado thank you. 🙏
- lauriecarter_bc@camerawanderlust thanks so much. 😊
- travelknowingHow nice that you met people connected to her!
- lauriecarter_bc@travelknowing yes, it was the most amazing serendipity.
- lauriecarter_bcThanks so much @cmyjoy
- freedommonkeyGreat shot
- lauriecarter_bc@freedommonkey 🙏😊🙏
- purchasemikeLove you sharing this story, to an Australian living Kiwi, with a connection to Haida Gwaii, through my traveling friend who lives in Queen Charlotte.
- lauriecarter_bcHi Mike. So great to hear from you and learn of your connection with Haida Gwaii from the other side of the world. This really is the wonder of social media. Glad we've connected. @purchasemike
- purchasemikeYes Laurie, me too
Log in to like or comment.