luxeadventuretrvlrWe toured Bordeaux's smallest winery where these plump Merlot grapes are made in to wine in just two tanks and two barrels. @stjamesbordeaux produces just 400-600 bottles of their wine each vintage and you can taste it at their gourmet restaurant. We got a taste of the 2015 vintage, which was just recently bottled and it's already a nicely balanced wine. It's going to be fantastic once it ages a bit!
- wanderwithwonderI love small wineries. And love a good merlot from Bordeaux.
- 2foodtrippersWhat an awesome experience, and what lovely future wine!
- luxeadventuretrvlr@travelpenandpalate No, you sure can't! Though this one is 100% merlot instead of a blend, it's quite nice.
- luxeadventuretrvlr@momuncorked It's just 15 minutes outside the city. Definitely a great choice of hotel for easy access to vineyards and the city.
- luxeadventuretrvlr@wearepixter Thank you!
- luxeadventuretrvlr@pointsandtravel people were really worried about this year's vintage. It was a very rainy spring followed by a long drought. The vines budded late and the grapes have been struggling with the heat and lack of water. But it's looking like the harvest will be smaller than last year, but still okay.
- luxeadventuretrvlr@wanderwithwonder normally a Bordeaux would be a blend, but this one is 100% merlot.
- luxeadventuretrvlr@2foodtrippers definitely pretty unique! I'm helping with their harvest in about a week.
- tastytraveltipsAh! Love vineyard grapes
- twodriftersxoThey look so juicy mmmm
- culinary_artisanslove grapes, love their offspring even more. Vino i think they call it lol
- luxeadventuretrvlr@tastytraveltips we lived very close to the Prosecco Road in Italy and honestly eating Prosecco grapes are terrible. So I was a bit skeptical, but these were delicious!
- luxeadventuretrvlr@twodriftersxo just about ready for harvest. They had just the slightest bitterness still but another week in the sun will take care of that.
- luxeadventuretrvlr@culinary_artisans 😂 or simply vin here in France.
- luxeadventuretrvlr@floridaelitedrones thank you!
- ninalajolieI often was in France😍😍😍
- luxeadventuretrvlr@ninalajolie which is your favorite part of France?
- ninalajolieLandes ist wonderful😍😍😍 But the cities Nantes and Paris too☺
- anitasfeastLove meeting small-scale producers of beautiful, special food and wine. This is beautiful!
Log in to like or comment.