luxeadventuretrvlrGeorge Washington and Guyasuta, a Seneca leader, are shown in deep discussion over what would become of Western Pennsylvania. At the time that they would have met over a campfire at the confluence of the Allegheny and Monongahela Rivers, what is modern day Pittsburgh would have been wilderness only adventurers of the time would have laid their eyes on. Neither of these men probably could have imagined that in 2016, as Pittsburgh celebrates its 200th anniversary of its incorporation as a city, a sprawling metropolis with self driving cars would be in that wild place they met.
- luxeadventuretrvlr#LovePGH #igers_pittsburgh #burghlove #ig_pittsburgh #pittsburgh #pittsburghinfocus #VisitPA #Pennsylvania #PAtravelhappy #IFWTWA #BBCtravel #luxeadventuretrvlr #livetravelchannel #travelwithaninsider #tlpicks #visitpittsburgh #PGH200
- momuncorkedSomething else I never saw when I lived in Pittsburgh! So interesting!
- exploringwineregionsIt's so nice to see sculptures that have meaning and move people.
- travelpenandpalateThe essence of a romantic interpretation of history
- travelpenandpalatePS: re "romantic interpretation" refers to the statues considering the reality of Native American history
- calculatedtravellerDidn't realize that Pittsburg was celebrating 200 years. Cool!
- thegaytravelerHappy birthday, Pittsburgh.
- tastytraveltipsWhat a captured moment! Haven't been to Pittsburgh in years.
- wanderwithwonderLook at those lovely colors in the sky. Great shot!
- 2foodtrippersThat sky! That view!
- life_as_marissa❤ ❤
- luxeadventuretrvlrAnother local told me I found things they didn't know about too @momuncorked!
- luxeadventuretrvlr@exploringwineregions Definitely remembering my American history classes on this trip to Pittsburgh!
- luxeadventuretrvlr@calculatedtraveller I didn't either until my visit. They have a lot going on all this year!
- luxeadventuretrvlr@tastytraveltips Time for another visit, then! Pittsburgh is a cool city these days!
- luxeadventuretrvlr@wanderwithwonder Thanks!
- luxeadventuretrvlr@2foodtrippers The view is definitely spectacular!
- luxeadventuretrvlr@life_as_marissa Thank you!
- pointsandtravelNow that's an interesting statue!
Log in to like or comment.