gsprinzessinIn the background you can see the famous #Drachenfels, which translates to "dragon's rock" 🐉 There are lots of legends and fairytales originating from this region!
#Siebengebirge #Rheinland #Rheintal #Ausflug #Wandern #Wanderung #hike #hiking
- gsprinzessin#naturfoto #landschaft #naturliebe #meindeutschland #spaziergang #draussen
- diamondcloudstudioTell us one if you have time, I'd love to hear!!!!
- gsprinzessin@diamondcloudstudio There is one about a dragon which supposedly lived on the Drachenfels: According to the legend he liked to breathe fire at ships crossing the river Rhine beneath the mountain and the dragon delighted in watching them being destroyed. But one day, he unknowingly chose a ship that was transporting gunpowder. So he hid in a cave (the so-called "Drachenhöhle") by the side of the mountain, and when the ship was close enough, he set it on fire. It exploded with a bang that could be heard as far as Cologne, and the dragon was swept away by the explosion and never to be seen again. 🐲
- diamondcloudstudioOh my, what a wonderful story! I do feel sorry for the dragon though! Thank you so much for taking the time to write out, you'll have to include those in your documenting of your travels. It really made the photo come alive!
- wearefawnSehr schönes Foto mit Aussicht auf bonn ☺️
- gsprinzessin@wearefawn Strenggenommen sieht man hier den Ausblick auf Oberkassel und Königswinter 😉 Aber danke fürs Kompliment!
- wearefawn@gsprinzessin gehört ja noch fast dazu 😬🙃
Log in to like or comment.