teachforamericaHey Teach For America alumni! What advice do you have for our new corps members in their first month in the classroom?
- sindhu86Have a plan for your students; else they will have a plan for you!
- dahianatejadaDon't be too shy to befriend your colleagues! There's a wealth of knowledge in them, don't be afraid to tap into it.
- angiefestaaIt's all about relationships, building relationships is paramount to your students success and yours. Best of luck📓✏️
- lenai_jDrill those procedures. Require 100%
- quattrizzySmile well before December. Relationships are key.
- kgolden19An 'out of control' class can be turned around.
- aemceekayTakes lots of pictures! You'll love looking back on your first class. 📸📸
- thecolemansaurDon't be afraid to fail. Mistakes are proof you're learning!
- athenaturnerChoose to fiercely love your kids. Especially when it's hard. Show it in actions as small as how clean your room is and as big as picking up / dropping off your kids for weekend study sessions.
- juliemark07Behavior narration was key to turning around my room!
- justinevolkmanThere is no ego in teaching. Let your students be your guide!
- c.sutjahjoExpect to learn from your students as much as you expect them to learn from you
- sarakmetz^^^ I c u @c.sutjahjo ❤️
- sarakmetzEvery teacher around you has something to teach you- keep your ears and heart open!
- c.sutjahjo@sarakmetz ❤️❤️❤️
- happyinkinderClear and consistent high expectations. Routines & procedures are 🔑 forge strong relationships with your students and their families. show tough REAL love 💖💜💖 run a tight ship! You've got this #tfaalum #tfachicago
- shalmoBe genuine! Give yourself and your students grace in failure, grit to persevere and goals to work towards!
- izoninstaDon't take yourself too seriously--students want to know the real you. Every mistake you make will teach you an invaluable lesson. The student that will learn the most from your teaching? You. Enjoy the ride! #tfadcregion #tfa2013
- danacronynDon't be too hard on yourself! And don't be afraid to bring your whole self to the classroom. #tfacharlotte #tfa2010 @necs @lindsayara @smarvin777 @regler89 @brendancampbell @mscalledwell
Log in to like or comment.