bonnie.gillespieOh man, these little suckers smell sooo good! #Whole30 #paleo egg-bake mini-muffins. Make 'em today, eat a good breakfast all week... if they last that long!
- bonnie.gillespieRecipe for My #Whole30 Egg-Bake Mini-Muffins:
(Note: All ingredients can be adjusted +/- to taste! This is the way I made THESE; they’re different EVERY time based on what I have in the fridge.)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 red onion, diced
1 small zucchini, chopped
1/4 each red, yellow, and green bell peppers, chopped
1 whole water chestnut, chopped
1 link Aidells #Whole30 compliant chicken apple sausage, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350F.
Chop all the veggies.
Warm up a bit of ghee in a frying pan.
Sautée up the veggies in the ghee, adding the precooked sausage after the veggies have started to soften but not lose their color.
Lower heat so the flavors can mingle a bit.
Coat the cups of the mini-muffin pan with a bit of ghee on a paper towel.
Crack the eggs and break ‘em up a bit without making them fluffy (if they get fluffy, you’ll create more of a soufflé).
Salt and pepper the eggs to taste.
Add the sautéed veggies and sausage and any ghee left from the pan to the eggs and mix lightly.
Spoon the mixture into the mini-muffin pan fully aware that you will make zero progress in trying to get the exact same portions into each little cup. Seriously. Give up the goal. Just trust that each magical mini-muffin will be perfectly yummy whatever ends up in it.
Bake on 350F for 25 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Use a knife to loosen the mini-muffins (if you need to; I’ve gotten good enough with my ghee-paper-towel technique that I rarely need to loosen them anymore) and remove from cups.
Store in a container in the fridge and pop a couple in the microwave for about 25 seconds on high and #nomnomnom all morning long!
Lemmeknow how it goes for you! Thanks for asking, @alissajuvan — I really enjoy this recipe and have used spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, sweet potato, avocado, all sorts of additions! :)
- aymanationThanks for sharing the yummy recipe!
- bonnie.gillespie@aymanation Lemmeknow if you try it!!
- alissajuvanNice!! Thanks for sharing the recipe @bonnie.gillespie
- bonnie.gillespie@alissajuvan Thanks for asking!!
- jonahaimzToo funny, just started making these. #fourhourbody approved!
- aymanationI sure will!
- 5am_yimI'm drooling!!!
- bonnie.gillespie@5am_yim I should throw a party where I just make all this super healthy yummy stuff!
- terriganeyYay! Thanks for sharing your recipe. These look & sound yummy! @mattganey -- let's make these!
- bonnie.gillespie@terriganey Lemmeknow how they turn out for you!
- princesskong22Oooo!!! Keeping this recipe.... Drool.
- firstname.lastname@example.org I am finally getting around to making these! Yay!
- bonnie.gillespie@terriganey Yay!! Can't wait to hear how they turn out for you!
- email@example.com Yes!!!! Super yummy!!!! Thank you!!
- roguetasticI'm making this right now
- bonnie.gillespie@roguetastic You will NOT be sorry!
Log in to like or comment.