dandeliondriftI have a button question for you ❔ what do you do when the holes in your buttons are long like these? And should the holes be horizontal or vertical?
- replicatethendeviateLove the colors and topstitching!!!!! I've seen both horizontal and vertical buttonholes but I don't know the "real" answer.
- feathersflightsTechnically the holes should be vertical. But I've never used buttons with those kinds of holes!
- lulukure_Very nice shirt!! Vertical buttonholes is the answer :) I made a shirt with horizontal buttonholes and its just wrong and almost impossible to button (why that is I don't know... 😳). Regarding the buttons, maybe you can stitch them up in both sides as you would do had it had four holes? Or maybe carefully stitch it all the way? That could probably look very cool.
- compulsive_seamstressIt really doesn't matter, I usually do mine as a cross.
- kylieandthemachineI have buttons like this on my zinnia skirt, just keep going over and over and over until the rod is full of stitches, make sure you use a button spacer or add a thick pin or needle layed on top of the button so you can stitch your thread over it too, so that when you take it out there is some ease.... Otherwise you'll have some super tight buttons. And do the buttonhole parallel to the rod of the button :)
- kylieandthemachineAlso maybe you could use some contrast thread it would look nice I think
- wallyandgraceCool buttons. I haven't used those before, so I have no answers for that. Usually, though, button holes on the placket are vertical. If there is a top button in the collar area, that button hole is horizontal.
- fakeitwhileyoumakeitThat topstitching! 👏
- picknstitchI have buttons like that on a ready-to-wear shirt. It uses ribbon threaded through the button and stitched to the shirt under the buttons. It looks really cool. I've been wanting to find that type of button to use in my own sewing.
- sewing_and_design_schoolIncredible topstitching, it is hard to take my eyes off your pockets. I love the buttons too. I like @pickstitch comment with the ribbon. I give you an A for the pockets.
Log in to like or comment.