laura.schoenfeldLast night I had the privilege of saying YES to the most wonderful man I’ve ever met.
While we’ve only been together for 5 months, with the majority of that being long distance, I’ve learned so much about this man that makes the choice of spending the rest of our lives together the easiest decision I’ve ever had to make.
Joshua is the embodiment of 1 Corinthians 13. He is gentle, kind, patient, humble, respectful, honest, slow to anger, never envious, trustworthy, compassionate, and loves me in a way I never thought I could be loved.
He holds so much space for my intense emotions and not only doesn’t turn away from my intensity, but fully embraces those emotions and loves me FOR them, not in spite of them.
He takes time to reflect before he speaks; his words are thoughtful and measured and he strives for both honesty and compassion in how he communicates his feelings.
He is incredibly sweet and always finds new ways to make me feel special and loved, even from far away. He has never once made me feel self conscious, fearful, or not enough.
He is my emotional rock and I’ve never once seen him lose his temper or say something hurtful driven by anger.
He is an incredible listener, not only paying full attention to me when I speak but remembering even the most inconsequential things I say.
He loves God with all his heart and is committed to becoming more Christ-like in everything he does. He selflessly encourages me to put God first even though that means less of a focus on him.
His presence in my life is confirmation of God’s love for me. The peace and joy I feel when I’m with him is further proof to me that this is the man God has chosen for me to spend my life with.
He makes me want to be a better woman every day. He has taught me how to be more patient, how to listen better, how to let go of negativity, how to take things less seriously, and how to love a person unconditionally. I am a better person for knowing him and loving him.
Joshua Keppeler, I love you so much and can’t wait for the day I get to commit my life to you before God, and our family and friends. You are the best thing that’s ever happened to me.
#engaged #isaidyes #lovethisman
- csullivankennedyHe sounds like a keeper for sure. Your marriage will be blessed!
- badmomojamaCongrata Laura!
- afdraccoon93Happy for you!!
- kathgandrewCongrats !!
- peacelovebaconWhat a beautiful post! So happy for you both!!
- marymangioneOMG!!!!!!!!! I'm SO over the moon happy for you!!!!!!!! 💛💛💛💛
- jankeadleCongratulations!!! We are so happy for you! Today is our wonderful 35 year wedding anniversary too!
- horvhelgaI wish you all the happiness in the world!
- amy.benchCongratulations @laura.schoenfeld ! I've been following you for forever and could sense this coming! May God bless your marriage and engagement.
- christabellexoCongrats!! So happy for you! ❤️
- mama_longThis is beautiful!! So happy for the two of you and all that God is going to do though he two of you together! He sounds like a wonderful man.
- jmertaBeautiful, congratulations!!! 💕
- jessiskitchenAhh!! Congratulations!!! So excited for you!
- sometimeshomeYay!!! Congratulations!
- alemu28So beautiful. May God bless your relationship. I pray I have this one day as well 💛
- candacethamesYea! 👏🏻👏🏻 Congrats! My husband and I started dating at the end of October 2013, he proposed in March 2014, and we were married in June 2014. I understand the whirlwind. It's fun! Tip: Support your adrenals during this process. I CRASHED after we got married and moved in together.
- laura.schoenfeld@candacethames oh I bet! I'm doing my best but there are times where the stress of a long distance relationship while planning a wedding gets hard to handle
- email@example.com - Yes, stressful for sure! Take good care of yourself and let go of what you can. Excited for you and to hopefully watch your journey unfold on Instagram. 💏
Log in to like or comment.