taraeconnerMy "second chance heard round the world" wasn't what it seemed to be. That is all I will say about this for now. I'm tired of reading how I was "forgiven" for my "hard partying ways". My struggle with addiction started when I was 14 yrs old. I was dying a slow and painful death that I wouldn't wish on anyone. I appreciate the sentiment, but what we're putting out in the media is that I was "forgiven" for having a progressive disease that can be fatal. I implore you all to be more responsible with your language. Our kids are dropping like flies from this disease everyday! Not all of us get a media circus that leads to a high end rehab! Regardless of the intent behind my "second chance", my life was forever changed! I was introduced to recovery, and have been sober ever since! I thank GOD for that! "Bring on the tears!" Right T? #smashthestigma #recoveryworks
- waldo_where_is_bernardoI'm proud of you :) @taraeconner
- kathrynleasYou're amazing girl!! ❤️
- caitlin__oconnorYou are amazing and strong and gorgeous inside & out!
- susied_nycWell said! 💕
- jason_doss77Well said @taraeconner I dealt with alcoholism myself for 15 years! It doesn't matter what it is if it's addiction we all need help! In your position in life now, you have the ability to speak out and help people change! #SpeakIt
- kaysedia1Love you chica!!! You were given a platform to share your story and you represent the many of us who have struggled with this disease. And gurrrrllll, you've done it with grace!!!
- i_zamir2Stunning ✨
- coverumps@taraeconner well said! We lost my 26 year old brother to addiction, will be 4 years ago this Oct 5th. It's so sad & scary to me how uneducated on this disease so many are! #endstigma
- bets.kernDude. You rocked your recovery and now you work your butt off to smash stigma and share the reality of this disease. Somebody claiming power of "forgiveness" for a "moral failing"? Sounds like a god complex to me... #blesshisheart 🙄
- trf_n_kyIt works if you work it!
- lamamaruReading between the lines, I hear your pain and can imagine the horror of your situation at that time. Whatever happened, you have risen above it and gracefully transformed the experience into a mature and beautiful strength. Keep sharing and empowering.
- rosietherollerdogGo girl...
- kushkittenThank you for sharing. Sending my love💕
- clduncTrump didn't say "forgiveness" but that he "understood" because his brother died of alcoholism. He UNDERSTOOD and wanted better for you. Thank goodness you are doing so well!
- gkoetznerCongratulations to you and thanks for speaking out about your disease. We need to do better on this. Your story helps bring change.
- missroamer@taraeconner I am wondering how Donald Trump really treated you. Don't let them quiet your voice! Please speak up!
- mdborogrove@missroamer Are you hoping for drama?
- missroamer@mdborogrove Why? Was it that bad?
- kpc512I'm so happy for you!! I was proud at Caron, and still am of all the great work you have done!!! Thank you for educating and enlightening! 💓💓💓 Stay blessed and wish you the best! @taraeconner never forget the hit song.🎼"conveyor belts"🎵lolololol
Log in to like or comment.