englishbullterriers_So this broke my heart today.. Not sure if there are any fellow Canadians following my page especially montrealers, but Montreal passed the ban on pit bulls on September 27th, 2016. This means that any dog that is considered to be a pit bull or Staffordshire bull terrier or any with the same "physical appearance" that is not currently owned, will be euthanized. (including all those poor babies who are sitting in shelters waiting to find their forever homes) 💔 As for those who do own a pit bull they will now have to pay $150 registration fee, they must be muzzled and on a leash no longer than 4 feet anytime they leave their home. They also must be sterilized, fully vaccinated, and microchipped with up to date and accurate registrations. If the owner fails to follow these regulations the animal will be seized and euthanized as well.
Punish the deed, not the breed.
Tonight I will be thinking of all those babies who's lives were taken away because of ignorance of others. 💙
#pitbull #montrealpitbullban #bullshitlaw #bullies #pit #pits
- michellehenry55As a fellow Canadian (living in Nova Scotia) and someone who's best memories are held in Montreal, my heart is broken for all these poor dogs.. this is not right. There are enough of us against this that we should be able to make a difference, so let's do it!!! Absolutely speechless. Can't believe this is happening.
- ashleysuleymanHi I am a veterinary nurse in the UK and Pit Bulls are a banned breed and have been for some time. A few years back I was doing my advance nursing diploma and for my law and ethics lectures I had to do an assignment on an ethical dilemma and I chose to do my assignment on euthanising a healthy dog because of the way it looks, which is the opposite of the world we live in where we preach not to judge people by the way they look! There are many protests here to end breed specific legislation, it is an on going fight. The Staffordshire Bull Terrier however is not banned and is the most common family pet.
- lou_kniightI watched a documentary about pit bulls in the uk and how the number of pits hasn't dropped since they were added to the 'dangerous dog act' and actually, the most likely dog to bite their owners and family members is a dachshund, go figure. Just because pit bulls, English bulls, staffies and other breeds similar are so powerful they are stereotyped as a dangerous dog breed, the only this dangerous about my ebt are his farts! 😵- it's unfortunate that this rule doesn't apply to other issues like the right to bare arms in USA, are you not dangerous with a gun? You have the potential to use it to kill or harm another.
- shmitty69I live here in this backwards city Montreal and this is pathetic and heartbreaking 🙈 #montreal
- englishbullterriers_There was actually a chart that was released and it showed which breed of dogs in the past years had attacked/bite someone and it was a written by Veterinarians in Quebec and the first on the list was dachund and then the second was chihuahua. I ended up finding pit bull quite far down the list, after schnauzers and shih tzus. @lou_kniight
- cheyennemacleod8I'm Canadian and I live in Quebec and I hate that law
- the_theo_crewSo fucked up
- wagwagandwagmorecompletely heartbreaking 💔😩😢
- waldorfl@nevillejacobs Waarrf! Hi Neville! You know you're an "it" boy and an influencer, would you mind reposting this to let everybody know what's going on in Canada with your cousins?? 😔💜
- breebreebreebree@amandeeew I die
- gremlinbtSo sad and ill informed, driven by fear! So many petitions have been signed and gatherings occured, made no difference. 😠 37 people voted ban and 23 people no!!!
- chefsubaruThis sucks so bad. You can't fix stupid eh..
- morenna07They are fu*ki g sick!!!! Omg! Instead of higher punishments to bastards who treat dog as they are things, dogs will be killed?! I can't believe that this is still happening around. After so many years of fighting against scumbag people they at the end will kill animals. I hate people! HATE!!!
- mclare58Someone needs to pull their head out of their ass!
- idgyoohThis is why I absolutely hate people
- riderbernieI am so ashamed that a Canadian city council passed such an ignorant and outrageous ban. SO ASHAMED!!! I guess stupidity knows no nationality. #montrealpitbullban #bullshitlaw
- roxierollerzThat is ridicules, I am not a huge fan of pit bulls and would probably not ever own one but every good owner deserves to own whatever kind of dog they want and pit bulls deserve to live. It is such a shame that these beautiful dogs have gotten such a bad reputation because some ignorant people decided to make them aggressive to fight them. This truly breaks my heart, Praying for all those fur babies :(
- janeb012Clearly a complete misunderstanding of the breed. Put bad owners on a short lead and muzzle. Target the offenders not their dogs.
Log in to like or comment.