gutsybynatureThis picture represents two stress free travel tips... the first is to pack your own snacks if you have any kind of dietary restriction. Though it is getting easier to find something resembling real food at the airport, I don't count on it. So today I brought some toasted coconut chips from @dangfoods and a bison bacon cranberry bar from @epicbar (both of which are part of the AIP survival kit from @barefootprovisions) and one of the Trader Joe's two ingredient fruit bars I picked up yesterday. The second tip is to get a backpack 🎒 for your computer and other necessities! Carrying a heavy load on one shoulder is a recipe for back pain and worse, but a backpack distributes the weight and helps me conserve energy and get less fatigued. I got this one from LL Bean and really like it because of the easy access pockets and the built in laptop 💻 sleeve. Happy travels everyone! ✈️
#travel #aip #autoimmunepaleo #crohns #paleoforcrohns #aiptravel #paleotravel #spoonie
- kinaole14And she's off! See you tomorrow...
- barefootprovisionsSafe travels 💕💕💕
- gutsybynature@kinaole14 Safe travels to you! ✈️
- gutsybynature@barefootprovisions Thank you!
- thecuriouscoconutAwesome tips. Nothing worse than being unprepared for travel!
- joromerofoodWe're not so advanced with AIP snacks here in the UK yet, but it looks great! Have a happy trip :)
- thecastawaykitchenVery good tips!
- paleoglutenfreeeatsYay for travel foods🙌🏼 that are healthy☺️
- theprimaldesireAlways good to plan ahead! 😊
- realsimplegoodGreat travel tips! Especially the backpack!!
- pureandsimplenourishmentSo many healthy snacks!
- eatprimalrunhardI too pack my own food for travel. And if I actually find paleo-friendly food, it's a bonus 😄
- gutsybynature@eatprimalrunhard I have the same attitude! I get so excited when I find "bonus" food... for example, I just found out our team is having dinner tomorrow night at an oyster house. Bonus!!
- gutsybynature@realsimplegood It's a game changer!
- eatprimalrunhardI get excited too! Great place for a meal! Last I flew home to Canada, I returned via Minneapolis and they sold kombucha and epic bars at the airport. I was so impressed! Unfortunately I didn't buy any because I only had $10 USD and the water and coconut water I bought cost that much😯
- gutsybynature@eatprimalrunhard the Minneapolis airport is one of my favorites! I am finding Epic bars all over the place lately, but the price is ridiculous so I will keep bringing my own.
- eatprimalrunhardI've only been to MSP in the states since I've been paleo, so I don't know anything else. Another reason I didn't buy was the price. There's a certain point where you draw the line.
- ulcerativecolitis101Great tips 👍👌 I take snacks with me every where I go & backpacks are a must have investment
- gutsybynature@ulcerativecolitis101 Indeed. It took me a while to go that route because I thought it looked stupid... but now I think it looks smart, because it is!
Log in to like or comment.