melyssa_griffinAbout a year ago, a colleague asked me, "Why do you give away all of your business strategies? Don't you ever worry that it will hurt your business?" The question kind of took me by surprise because the thought had barely ever fluttered through my mind. Not because I don't understand the potential side effects of giving away my best secrets, but because I just don't care.
A few years ago, I was at a conference, and the speaker, @garrettgee (who had created a very successful app), said he wasn't worried about competition because if someone created a better version of his app, then he was HAPPY that a better, more helpful product would be on the market. To him, it wasn't necessarily about "being the best," but about making sure people receive the best.
I've never forgotten what he said because I loved that mindset so, so much. It's not that I don't want my business to be the best it can be, but it's that I think genuinely helping people is more important than being #1. So, if someone takes my tips and outdoes me? Sure, it might sting for a moment (I'm human! 🤗), but I'm happy that they've found a way to help even more people than I can.
Oh, and that app creator I mentioned? I found out a few days ago that he sold his app to Snapchat for 54 million dollars and has been traveling the world with his family for the past year (@thebucketlistfamily). Things always work out. ❤️ Always.
I wanted to tell that story because I created another challenge/course recently, which is designed to help you rapidly grow your site's traffic. It contains some of my BEST tips, and it's all for free. These same tips helped me grow my blog's traffic to 300,000 monthly pageviews (which has created a waterfall effect for other positive business wins) and have helped thousands of my students, too. You can click the link in my profile to sign up. I genuinely hope it helps you, too. 🙌🏼
- melyssa_griffin@petitestylescript 😘😘😘
- melyssa_griffin@celebratingflaws Ah I love that. I think connection is why we're on this planet. ❤️
- melyssa_griffin@ratherbesweating Couldn't agree more ❤️
- melyssa_griffin@thevintagelocket You're so kind, thank you! 😊
- melyssa_griffin@simplycate88 I hear ya, Cate! It can really hurt when that happens, but I'm glad this perspective resonated with you. ❤️
- melyssa_griffin@thiskeira So very true!
- melyssa_griffin@blogbrightly You're so sweet 😘
- melyssa_griffin@amandalairsey 😊😘😘
- melyssa_griffin@createyournewself 😘😘
- melyssa_griffin@maryamremias You're always so sweet, Maryam. Thank you for that! ❤️
- melyssa_griffin@ninakmartin Thank you for sharing, Nina! It can be hard to remember that collaboration is in our blood when some people only promote competition.
- melyssa_griffin@justjennymiranda ❤️❤️
- melyssa_griffin@projectbreathe_rach Ha, so interesting! I wrote this post a few days before posting it here and after I wrote it, my friend said "you have to check out @thebucketlistfamily" and I realized it was the same guy. It was very happenstance for me, too!
- melyssa_griffinAmen to that! @laurenwallett
- melyssa_griffin@cestangelique 😘😘
- melyssa_griffin@hoolastudio That's amazing! I think those people exist in all cultures and countries, so I'm glad to see you reppin' it in Canada :)
- melyssa_griffin@dizzycaitlin @eightymillion WOO! Me too 😄
- melyssa_griffin@revogg 😘😘
- melyssa_griffin@curlyhairlounge 😊😊
- artandanthemYou're freaking amazing. I stumbled across @garrettgee via tha bucket list family on IG and loved their values and the way they were living their lives and gained even more respect for him when I found out about his entrepreneurial background so it was awesome seeing him pop up in your caption. Small world. And you're right...things do always work out.
Log in to like or comment.